1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

[Nov 13, 2011] Open Rideout Sunday 13/11/11 (TN22 1AR, England)

Discussion in 'General Rideouts' started by Roadwart, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

As mentioned in a thread in the "Beginners Bikes" forum, I`m looking at organising an "Open Ride" aimed mainly at getting some of Emma`s smaller bike riding friends on a ride so they can chat to members about bikes & biking.

Being aimed at 50-125cc bikes, this will obviously not be a fast ride, nor will it be overly long distance wise but anyone willing to give up a bit of time is welcome.

Dates & timings are to be confirmed at this stage but will consist of a start meet point for a quick chat about group riding before heading off. Stop for a coffee & a chat to other forum members before heading off for a bit more of a ride or home. As they are mostly based around the Uckfield area, I would suggest the main car park as a start point & take it from there.

Suggestions on route & destination welcome & hopefully we can get a date sorted out before the weather gets too nasty.

2. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

If it a Saturday morning and its dry, I'll venture forth...oh yes...and it has to be above 5 deg C. I hope this comment doesn't deter our newer members thinking that they have joined a Soft old farts club :D

_Yappa_ likes this.
  3. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

You tart Gareth, put some warm gear on and ride between cups of coffee? From Uckfield we could head toward the Golden Galleon at Exceat or Birling Gap. Some lovely roads and views down there , and a swim for the Empress??? Or just Wessons and the Six Bells at Chiddingly?

Emma - 125cc Marauder likes this.
  4. Choco

Choco Commuter 500 +

Is that above 5 degrees when moving or standing still? The cold doesn't bother me so much, but rain - nah, there's no fun in that.

I'm just over 50miles from TN22, but I'm willing to give it a go. I don't mind early starts. And the longest I've ridden in one day was just over 200 miles.

5. megawatt

Nice one Choco, wrap up warm and loadsa coffee stops. Great idea Paul.:)

6. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

If I put on many layers I'll definitely feel like a tart. And 5 deg C is standing still. Maybe I might have to factor in the tart component and make it a 5degC windchill....I wouldn't want to end up like this...:snz:

:violin: Pls no HTFU comments...I'm sensitive...

7. GuzziRob

GuzziRob Race Rep +

Do we assume you had to get back home for Breakfast then...:rofl2: .:coat:

Choco and Skortchio like this.
  8. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

There's TONS of fun to be had in the rain! Have a read of Spin's articles on it (on here and his website), rain really doesn't change anything from a riding point of view unless you're ham fisted. The reduction of surface grip compared to the amount of said grip your average rider uses makes no difference.

Plus, if you're wearing your textiles: It rains, you stay dry and warm, less people on the road, bike looks cleaner! All good :thumbsup:

_Yappa_ likes this.
  9. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

I must be needing new textiles then...:(

10. Choco

Choco Commuter 500 +

Nah, I'd already had sausage and eggs that day.

11. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

Are you referring to us vertically challenged riders, or those with small equipment?

12. Roadwart

Small equipment Jim :confused:

13. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

Ah, that counts me out ;)

14. Hanna

Hanna Street Fighter +

Sounds like a good idea. When you know dates I'll speak with BMW and see if they'll let me take out the s1000RR for the day - smaller bike and all that. ;)

15. Choco

Choco Commuter 500 +

Is there a company that rents out minimotos for a day? Let's put everyone on an even playing field, yes?

God damn I'd love one of these to hoon up and down my apartment block.

[​IMG]

16. megawatt

A guy I work with has a few and races regularly at Heron park raceway, Lydd. On the Marsh.

17. Choco

Choco Commuter 500 +

I apologise. I am easily distracted by shiny objects.

Yes, to an open ride. No, it doesn't have to be on minimotos (even though that would be a hoot!).

Hanna, 1000 is a small bike? Now that's just showing off. ;) (Good on you lady.)

18. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

I'd like to join in with this if free but am torn between bringing my 125 (very good fun for shopping trips) and making everyone slower because the poor thing has to work really hard to drag me along - and my normal bike. [Perhaps this is where the biking antenatal nurse says in soothing tones, "Whatever is right for you"]. I guess I used to be undecided but now I'm not so sure :think1:.

Count me in as an enthusiastic if unreliable supporter!

19. Hanna

Hanna Street Fighter +

Not 'small', just smaller. :D

HAYABUSADAVE likes this.
  20. Roadwart

So we have a good few members showing an interest, all we now have to do is get Em`s to persuade her mates to commit to a couple of hours now.

Over to you Emma! :D