1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

[Nov 19, 2011] Motorcycle Live (Birmingham)

Discussion in 'Biker events' started by RetryRider, Oct 28, 2011.

1. RetryRider

RetryRider Commuter 500 +

Anyone thinking of going?

Motorcycle Live is so much more than getting your hands on the hottest new bikes, clothing and accessories – it’s an interactive day out for the whole family. An opportunity to see, touch, feel, hear, smell, ride and experience the very best that motorcycling has to offer, no matter what your riding level. Experienced riders and Newcomers can GET ON in Hall 4.​
    Whether you want to get kitted out yourself or watch your friends or family have a go there is something for everyone! Look out for biking celebrities, visit the cinema, take part in competitions on theBlackhorse Stage in the Arai Entertainment Zone. Classic, Custom & Escape Zones packed full of bikes, information & ideas whether you want to reminisce, build your own or get way! Watch the kids get their first on and off road biking experience plus off road & Trials riding for adults!​
    http://www.motorcyclelive.co.uk

2. Choco

Choco Commuter 500 +

Aye. I am going. Supposed to be going on the 26th in a friend's car, but I need to think about that a little more. I would like to get a new lid, possibly also a pair of kevlar jeans for next summer. Would love to get there in time to try out the off road stuff, but I doubt we'll get there early enough. Last year I got there half an hour after opening, and it had all booked up. Meh.

3. deano81

deano81 Secret prototype +

still deciding on this one, wife cant get any days off during the week at the mo, but the weekends are always heaving and its a fight to get around. :thumbsdown: i usually go up on the bike, but could do with some new gear so if i do go might take the car

4. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

Talking to Shiv's last night, he's got a minibus and was planning to open to passengers. Share the fuel / poss. driving and make use of the space for 'essential' purchases ;)

RetryRider and GixxerGilly like this.
  5. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

I'm driving up with the Mrs on saturday 26th. Will be at NEC on Sunday 27th.

6. deano81

deano81 Secret prototype +

now thats not such a bad idea . depends on date i guess.

7. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Was chattng to Gary about it. Hopefully be going up but during the week. However mini bus idea sounds good too!

8. Kevin Taylor

Kevin Taylor Off Roader +

Am going up on 20th in the car with she who must occasionally be obeyed.

_Yappa_ likes this.
  9. Choco

Choco Commuter 500 +

Hhmmm...it looks like my friend who offered me a lift to this event (1) is going the week before so that (2) she can kind of go on a date with a bloke to this event.

She reckons she's going to get good deals and there will be more stock than the final weekend. I'm not too bothered about the first weekend change, but not terribly comfortable with being a third wheel on a date. Should I not care, or should I leave it and find another option of getting there?

10. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

If I go, it will be midweek, possibly Wednesday, and will be driving (or passengering).

11. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

I've already got plans for both Saturdays so won't be going then. But have no preference as to date other than that, haven't confirmed if I'm going ing the Shivs-mobile (as I haven't heard anything else about it) or driving myself.
    If I drive I'll have room for passengers, providing your don't buy too much! :p

Personally I disagree with any 3rd wheel practises, at an event it would probably get on my nerves more.

12. nicky

nicky Learner

il be going on the 23rd, was good last year, but this year im more prepared with lots more cash at the readys lol :)

13. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

Right, let's organise this!
    Add your name to the day you're going so we can see who is where. I'll try and get Shiver to put something helpful up here too about seating and such.

19th:
    20th: Kevin Taylor
    21st:
    22nd:
    23rd: Nicky, JimG (Maybe)
    24th:
    25th:
    26th: Choco (Maybe)
    27th: Megawatt

nicky likes this.
  14. RetryRider

RetryRider Commuter 500 +

19th:
    20th: Kevin Taylor
    21st:
    22nd:
    23rd: Nicky, JimG (Maybe)
    24th:
    25th:
    26th: Choco (Maybe), RetryRider
    27th: Megawatt

Could probably do the 20th as well if that's how the number go.

15. Choco

Choco Commuter 500 +

It's definitely the 26th for me because the 25th is pay day, ifyouknowhatimean.

nicky likes this.
  16. r1jay

r1jay Race Rep +

i ownt be going to this as im going to be spending all my hard earned cash in Vegas Baby, fly out on the 15th and then back on the 22nd skint and as fat as a house :disco:

GixxerGilly likes this.
  17. GixxerGilly

GixxerGilly Moderator +

oooooo Jay -we need to do a catch up me-thinks ?? xxx

18. StevieDee

StevieDee Off Roader +

Ok this is my plan! im thinking of going to the show Weds 23rd November (Providing i can take the day off )
    I have an 8 seater Mpv thingy It would be nice to take passengers to share fuel costs and possibly do some of the driving !
    According to my TomTom its 170 miles from my house and will take approx 3 hours.
    Would collect and drop off along A2/M2 , Dartford tunnel ( Basildon)
    plan to leave at 6.30 to arrive at opening time then leave at finishing time.
    They are full size seats in Mpv and still has fairly large boot to put all the goodys in. Or with 5 passengers and seats down i have had 3 full size pushbikes in the back!.
    Let me know if you are intrested !

19. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

Doubt I'll be going, last time I visited the show it ended up costing me shed loads :giggle: so need to be saving money really!

20. Stars and Stripes

Stars and Stripes Secret prototype + Site Supporter

Go on "you know you really want too" :rubhands:

nicky likes this.