1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

[Jun 6, 2012] Ardennes Trip June 6th 2012 (Moulin du Ruy)

Discussion in 'Biker events' started by megawatt, Nov 8, 2011.

1. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Myself and a mate are going to a nice biker place near Spa Francorchamps next year. Will be leaving UK on June 6th morning, A road riding through France and Belgium to Moulin du Ruy. Staying 5 nights and riding back on Monday 11th. Cost is about £200ish for BnBnEM , including wine and beer. The guy is an instructor at Spa and the Ring, but we will be riding around the Ardennes on some fantastic roads and visitting WW2 Battle of the Bulge sites and museums. The pace will be moderate to fast(short bursts on good roads) with plenty of stops. You don't have to do the WW2 thing, it's a beautiful area with lots to see and do!You are cordially invited?

2. GuzziRob

GuzziRob Race Rep +

Can I express an interest, When do you need a definate yes/deposit etc. Its will be dependant on my financial situation after Divorce/House Sale etc.

3. megawatt

Lookin at £50 , non returnable deposits in January, full amount in April. I have organised trips before and don't like this guy being messed about by last minute no shows. Are you gonna be happy with the pace Rob? You will be very welcome though. Gimme a bell for a chat ?

4. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

Are you going for the landspeed record then? *laughing*

5. deano81

deano81 Secret prototype +

hmm, will see how finances are working out fella.

6. megawatt

Would be great to have you guys with us. 200quid is a brilliant price. Rob, hope I haven,t upset you? Just that people enjoy travelling at different speeds.

7. GuzziRob

GuzziRob Race Rep +

i was accuseed last year of going to fast.. cant please all the people all the time.:)

8. megawatt

In that case you,ll fit right in. Are you interested in the ww2 stuff.?

9. GuzziRob

GuzziRob Race Rep +

Anything Historical suits me did a couple of D Day beaches and the Pointe du Hoc a couple of years age.

10. megawatt

You should enjoy it then mate, a tank in every village.

11. Finchy

Finchy Guest

As you know, I'm a definite possibility. I'm not sure about the pace though. Could you stop and wait for me every now & again?

12. Blade rr6

Blade rr6 World Superbike +

ramrider likes this.
  13. megawatt

Right , that's two possibles ! Matt, stop it !!!;)

14. Micky

Micky Commuter 500 +

Sign me up sounds great.

15. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

Very tempted, Alan, very tempted. Have never done more than 150 miles in a day, though and would join Finchy in being a wee bit concerned that I'd be holding people back. Still, you can look at tanks while I try to find the village you are in! Hopefully, mon francais will be up to that. Could you write me in as a 'definite maybe'?

16. megawatt

Brilliant, you would be both very welcome, but Micky will probably miss the boat.!!!

17. Micky

Micky Commuter 500 +

Haha im there on this one!
    My diary is cleared for those dates.

18. megawatt

First 4 to handover £50 NON RETURNABLE deposit will get a place. If more than 6 in total I will ask for extra places. We do need an even number as all the rooms are twins except for one double??? Be great to make this another SECB adventure. I can promise you great roads, great company and loadsa laughs!!!

19. megawatt

The couple we are staying with are at www.aeaventures.com
    Have a look at the site and the pictures posted. I am hoping to make the journey there and back part of the trip , so it will be an early start from Dover or Folkstone and all day riding to Spa. If anybody wants a direct route it's about 4 1/2hrs on the motorway. Everyone is free to take their own routes and do what they like when they get there. I am not a dictator , I only want people to enjoy themselves and not pi44 our hosts off by not turning up, the reason for the non returnable deposit. Like I said, if you are deffo coming, the first 4 deposits received will secure your place until the full amount is required in April. I will be posting possible routes there and during the week, with some museums and sites on the way!

20. megawatt

A vid of one of the roads that we found in 2008, La Roche en Ardennes to Samree. So good , me n Hamish did it 7 times!
    http://youtu.be/EzjUzubwbB0