1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Thief stripped naked and left on road

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by Sporty1200, Nov 18, 2011.

?

Is this the style of 'summary justice' that we should adopt for some crimes in the UK?

Poll closed Nov 25, 2011.
  1. YES - It would have more impact than community service or a fine.

17 vote(s)
    85.0%
  2. NO - Its degrading and illegal.

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Hmmmm - Not sure

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

2. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

As far as I`m concerned, anyone who does something illegal, such as breaking into someones house, loses ALL rights. "I`m sorry officer but if he hadn`t been in my house at 3am stealing my stuff he wouldn`t have had his legs broken"

I`m not sure I agree with the stripping the thief though.

3. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

Doesn't this just add to his crimes? I think it's fine as a 'one-off'. But you just know it would attract a minority of exhibitionist thieves, ridiculous as this sounds. In the home burglary case RW notes above, I agree completely that a person entering my house by force and without permission deserves all he gets. What was the name of that Norfolk farmer who, after being robbed repeatedly, fired at a thief with his shotgun? It defies logic to lock up the farmer. I assume he returned home after his incarceration to find a completely empty house, the thieves having cleaned it out with a removal van.

4. Stars and Stripes

Stars and Stripes Secret prototype + Site Supporter

I wanted to put planning permission in to the parish council, to erect stocks in the village square! to "Deal" with the petty criminal (yobs) that the police dont want to deal with [​IMG]

HAYABUSADAVE, kitten_art and Roadwart like this.
  5. Roadwart

Tony Martin mate. I can`t believe the thief had the audacity to try to take him to court after trying to rob him.

6. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

He served 3 years, shot dead a traveler, Fred Barras 16, (29 prior arrests) and wounded his accomplice. Was a great documentary on TV a while back about it. This poor guy was psychologically tortured by this gang. :mad:

7. Roadwart

Didn`t they keep trying to break in & eventually the farmer snapped & shot them? Good on him I say.

8. Fergy

Fergy Secret prototype +

Going to prison used to be a case of you losing your liberty so how the hell can they have sky (or freeview) TV in their bloody rooms? I heard recently that some do gooders wanted to give them the right to vote! Start them young, stick them in a young offenders home and make it like a prison. No TV. Exercise through out the day, community work (the shite no-one else will do) etc failing that tar and feather the b*stards!

Bring back national service!

Sporty1200 likes this.
  9. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

In some instances, hell yes!
    Someone breaks into my place, they are going to be leaving in an ambulance. Someone threatens me or mine, again, they will be leaving in an ambulance.
    But, as humans, we are a strange breed, when would "street justice" become a crime in itself? Where would the lines be drawn? Who would draw the lines?
    Ooh sorry officer, we didn't mean to kill him, we just wanted to teach him not to steal from the local corner shop.......scarey!

When I was a lot younger (yeah, yeah and dinosaurs walked the earth) I had a friend who got put in a young offenders gaff. He had a thing about stealing cars. Would more than likely have grown out of it eventually. Not a mean bone in his body. However.......he came out of there a different person. Nasty, very bad attitude. Wound up in and out of prison for way more than stealing cars from there on in. There again, how would a bit of "street justice" have changed him?

10. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

Tony Martin lost everything didn't he......poor sod

11. Stars and Stripes

Stars and Stripes Secret prototype + Site Supporter

Instead of locking him up, they should have given him an automatic so he didnt just wound the second bas**rd

Sporty1200 and kitten_art like this.
  12. Miky_G

Miky_G World Superbike +

I think stripping that geezer was wrong, not because he didnt deserve it but because the punishment didn't outweigh the crime.

Had they 'roughed' him up a bit prior to taking his clothes then that would've been fair.

13. HAYABUSADAVE

HAYABUSADAVE Custom cruiser +

Not stocks......oh no...... Gallows.....more effective against the theiving pikey scum bags,

Hang, draw, and quarter them and feed them their own bollocks before they die......

or severe the bastards hands, that'll make them think twice......:rubhands:

14. HAYABUSADAVE

Immediate death would have changed him thats for sure!!!!!! and it'd be cheaper than feeding and housing the turds......:mad:

15. HAYABUSADAVE

Only in an ambulance, christ that letting them get away lightly.....lol :giggle:

16. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

I spoke to a lawyer in Seattle in 1992. There had been a few burglaries on the "exclusive" estate where he lives. The next burglar got shot dead on his way in. Result! No more burglaries

17. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

Soooooo, you have been an angel all your life then.....never put a foot wrong......regular little choir boy? That makes me a millionaire supermodel with three helicopters in the hanger :sfight:

Roadwart likes this.
  18. GuzziRob

GuzziRob Race Rep +

Bring back the Stocks

Sporty1200 likes this.
  19. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

quote="megawatt, post: 19281"]I spoke to a lawyer in Seattle in 1992. There had been a few burglaries on the "exclusive" estate where he lives. The next burglar got shot dead on his way in. Result! No more burglaries[/quote]
    That is one of the "protect your property" ones. What about the supposed lesser crimes?

20. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

Would that not have the kudos of an ASBO eventually?