1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Got this today

Discussion in 'Maintenance Guides' started by megawatt, Nov 21, 2011.

1. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

I am on loadsa forums and one day somebody said they liked a very nice Rizoma chainguard;
    http://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore/ProdImages/riz_zhh041_lg.jpg
    Was a bit pricey we thought, so I said I would have a go at making one. I haven't even got a milling machine, so it was a tall order. Anyway, not long after a splendid chap joined the forum and said he was a team leader in a CNC machine shop. This got the old brain cells sparking, so a few weeks later and after several pms and text messages and 2 weeks waiting at the anodisers. This arrived on my doorstep, one of 16, all sold!!!
    [​IMG]
    as expected, I have to fit another M6 Rivnut to the swingarm brace, but you get the idea!
    [​IMG]

Finchy and hoppielimp like this.
  2. Rusty

Rusty 125 +

very nice m8 , looks the business , bet u well pleased with that:)

3. megawatt

I am mate, it weighs nothing and beautifully detailed. Wish I had about £15,000 for my own CNC machine. I'd be churning em out. Best of all, coz it was my idea to make em and we had a lot of phonecalls and text messages, it was FREE. About £100 for the Rizoma one!!!

4. Rusty

Rusty 125 +

its a shame u can not get a small quantity made up some where, have your own initials or logo put on , they would sell like hot cakes on ebay, that is a nice bit of kit, if rizoma is the only making them, ime sure u could differ slighly, and put your own stamp on it :ond:

5. megawatt

It's not Rizoma mate! My mate looked at the pictures and designed his own, wrote the programme and made 16 on his CNC machine. Sadly the cost of paying for a programme and getting someone else to make a few wouldn't be cost effective. When I get a manual miller, I will be making one offs and short runs.

6. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

Looks really good dude! :thumbsup:

7. megawatt

Yeah , the guy that made it has done some fantastic stuff. Hopefully one day I will have a manual machine for making one offs.

8. Finchy

Finchy Guest

So it finally arrived... and it's not even xmas! Good work - looks great.

9. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

10. Rhino

Rhino 125 +

Very Nice :10:

11. Stars and Stripes

Stars and Stripes Secret prototype + Site Supporter

looks great alan :thumbsup: