1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Fixed Guests

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by GuzziRob, Nov 24, 2011.

1. GuzziRob

GuzziRob Race Rep +

Just an observation but the amount of "Guests" logged on seems to be increasing with time at present 2 members and 60+ guests.

2. GixxerGilly

GixxerGilly Moderator +

I could be wrong Rob -- but a lot of the guests are space bots < or similar -- not actually people .........

3. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

What's a space bot???

GixxerGilly and Sporty1200 like this.
  4. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

They are search engine "spiders" or as they used to be called "Web crawlers". It shows that we are being picked up be search engines. However it seems we ( & a lot of other forums) are being "hit" by multiple instances of the Chinese search engine "Baidu". As we have no interest in Chinese members any more than they are going to join us for ride outs, I`m looking for the best ways to exclude it without impacting the Legit ones like google & Bing.

5. GixxerGilly

GixxerGilly Moderator +

a web crawler -- I new I knew - but BOTT was nearsest word I could think of heheheheh

6. megawatt

Thanks Paul.

7. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

离谱的你不会让中国的自行车。伤害。

nicky likes this.
  8. Roadwart

WHOOP! WHOOP! FOREIGN CHARACTER ALERT!

9. Roadwart

Managed for find a way get rid of the problem guests. Only "legit" search engines can access the site.

10. megawatt

Nice one Paul.