1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Winter Sun...

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by Chef, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Chef

Chef 125 +

Well, it's been a long year with plenty happening so I have decided to treat me and the Mrs to a spot on winter sun, the question is - where?

I have looked at Goa as it's around 33 degrees there at the moment but a tourist visa for each of us comes in at a whopping £155! It's a shame because I'd quite set my heart on it but cant deny that has put me off.

So - does anybody here have ay other ideas, or been to Goa and care to share their experience?

If it comes down to it I'll take the £155 hit but I'm wondering if I'm missing something. Oz is out of the question as we are only going for 7 to 10 nights..

Cheers all

Dom.

2. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

Dominican Republic, southern bit, Bayahibe area.......beautiful beaches, diverse culture, plenty to see. Can highly recommend Dreams, all inclusive, unbelievable service.....fantastic diving/snorkelling.

Roughie likes this.
  3. Duncyc

Duncyc 125 +

St.Lucia is amazing but don't bother driving there, the island is only the size of Kent and has 1 main road that has good tarmac. otherwise the place is wonderful

GixxerGilly likes this.
  4. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

More precise, memory has been jogged.....La Romana......beeeeyoooootiful!

5. Amancalledrob

Amancalledrob Street Fighter +

I've been to Goa, it's amazing. Stunning beaches and fantastic food, great people. I stayed in a beach hut in Benaulim, ten metres from the beach. Everything is very cheap once you're there but that visa does sound pricey, I went about six years ago

6. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

Would be a bloody long drive!!!

GuzziRob likes this.
  7. Tony

Tony Moderator Staff Member Moderator +

Cape Verde islands. Looking to go in February myself :sun2:

8. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

Ooh yes.....very nice........not an awful lot to do there except enjoy the view and soak up the sun. Unless it has been developed more since I was lucky enough to look for a holiday destination.

By the by, isn't Goa a bit of a trouble hotspot at the minute? Vaguely remember something murmered about that somewhere?

9. GixxerGilly

GixxerGilly Moderator +

Not been to Goa -- But Sri Lanka is fabulous (from what friends have said simialr to Goa - (ish) - (you dont need a Visa for their either)
    St Lucia or any of the carribean islands. We are going on 28th jan. Canary islands are spose to be hot too this time of year - and only a short haul flight. - Otherwise Thailand Yaay LUV IT :)

10. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

I`ve just come back from Tenerife. Was a bit overcast but still 23-24C is better than the weather here.