1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

[Jan 2, 2012] New Year Rideout Monday January 2nd 1066... (Robertsbridge, East Sussex, TN32 5JH)

Discussion in 'General Rideouts' started by megawatt, Dec 26, 2011.

1. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

WOW!!! what a crackin rideout. Met Barry at the 1066 about 1130. About 14 SECB riders there and joined by 6 Folkestone bikers. Great to meet you Nigel O. So 20 bikes left Johns Cross at 1200 in glorious sunshine. , on dry roads. Stopped at Rye for coffee and breakfast, then a blat along the Camber road to meet at the Oasis. Camber road so good I did it 3 times!!! Left Oasis, quick stop at Little Chef, Brenzett, then a blat to Appledore and Tenterden for more coffee. Bit of a split there and 8 of us left for Biddenden , the A262 and Hartley and I peeled off at Hawkhurst. Did about 90 miles with a lot of stops for coffee and a smoke. Just got in at 1530, still no clouds and blazing winter sunshine. Perfick. Pix to follow. Great meetin you Barry, hope to get out next Sunday?

2. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

:D good to see so many out :thumbsup: cracking day. will post pictures later if i get a chance :)
    best take the boots off now :(

3. Les

Les British Superbike +

Yup, good to catch up with you all plus some new faces so thanks for your company guys.:)

4. megawatt

Here we go:
    Small gathering of SECB at 1066
    [​IMG]
    Pity they were shut!!!
    [​IMG]
    Bright sunshine spoiling the photo???
    last for now at the Costa in Tenterden
    [​IMG]

5. NAPA121

NAPA121 Secret prototype +

Cool pics guys...Glad you had a good rideout. Hopefully catch you at the next one!

6. DAVE B

DAVE B British Superbike +

good to catch up see you all soon:thumbsup:

7. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

The start - 1066
    sml-IMG-20120102-00027.jpg

sml-IMG-20120102-00028.jpg

Little Chef Brenzett
    sml-IMG-20120102-00030.jpg

By Costa Coffee Tenterden it was all just too much!
    sml-IMG-20120102-00033.jpg

8. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Great to see such a good turnout today. Really nice to see some new faces too, although always a pleasure to see the old ones of course ;). Roads on the whole were surprisingly dry which made for fun riding. Just beginning to get chilly on last 5 minutes home so well-timed for getting in and thawing out!

9. SteveeP

SteveeP Sport Tourer +

A damn good day....thanks one and all.
    If I could work out how to post pics from my bloody phone on here..I would. But most of megawatts have covered the day! LOL

10. megawatt

A few more pix, watch out for Les, on the turn???
    Little Thief
    [​IMG]
    Costa, Tenterden
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sporty1200 likes this.
  11. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

Great day, cheers everybody, 92 miles for me. :thumbsup:. Must clean the bike tomorrow.
    Oh,,, and the cherry on the cake, Wolves 1 - 2 Chelsea :D

12. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

did anyone lose a crash bung today ??
    Barry found one when we stopped and as i dont have crash bungs it's not something that fell off my bike :D

i have it here if it's yours

13. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

Brilliant rideout today :thumbsup::sun1:- thanks Alan for the inspiration (and directional patience :)); you will not be surprised you got home before me even though I 'knew' my way from Goudhurst (ahem):red:. I thought I'd take a little detour from there and ended up in Horsmonden and finally recognised the road to Maidstone. That was definitely wrong... Now it's dark I am not going to be able to clean off the muck and do very much need to fix the ignition barrel which was not letting me turn the key to start the bike - :mad:GRRRR. Here are some more :photo:though, to make everyone jealous who didn't come. Good to meet you, Barry - we don't envy your nice new 'Blade at all, do we people?:worthy: And Andrew - the only Ducati out today?
    IMG00625-20120102-1122.jpg IMG00626-20120102-1122.jpg IMG00627-20120102-1123.jpg IMG00628-20120102-1123.jpg

14. megawatt

Could be mine mate. Was only held in motor with a coupla threads. Will check tomorrow morning and get back to ya?
    Great pix Richard, glad you enjoyed the day. Try some WD40 or a PTFE spray in your ignition. I sometimes have to jiggle my key to get it to turn. If it keeps doing it, time to get rid!!!

Panel Man likes this.
  15. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

As the actress said to the Bishop...

lammyR6 and kitten_art like this.
  16. Barry107

Barry107 125 +

Another Blue's supporter :thumbsup:

Sporty1200 likes this.
  17. Barry107

Barry107 125 +

It great to meet you everyone that attended today and i'm looking forward to the next one which I can attend (not working). :thumbsup:

Sporty1200 and lammyR6 like this.
  18. megawatt

Will keep you posted mate and keep checking on here?

19. Blade rr6

Blade rr6 World Superbike +

Soz i didnt get out to play today everyone, :( i was at home baking cakes and carefully folding away my home made christmas decorations, they'l still be just as attractive next year. :thumbsup: :ghug: Love you all...
    M

Sporty1200 likes this.
  20. lost

lost Samsung leaflet fetishist +

good to see so many out today.still cant believe how good the weather is and just enough daylight to wsh the bike:)