1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

I do love a wheelie

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by rhanmore, Jan 1, 2012.

1. rhanmore

rhanmore Moped +

This is me on private road of course "cough cough" Just thought i would share it with you. Some will apprechiate it and others will not, whats you're view? :)

[​IMG]

coxy, lammyR6, kitten_art and 3 others like this.
  2. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

My view is usually something like this:

coxy, Sporty1200 and rhanmore like this.
  3. rhanmore

rhanmore Moped +

Very nice:) My best to date is 143mph landed and would like to get a 150+ this year but you get a seroius front wheel skid of about 2 foot long:vesp:

4. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

You'll get that on any mono once the wheel has stopped spinning, which leads to 2 side effects one being loss of gyroscopic effect which aids the wheel going down pointing the right way the other is the pleasing puff off burnt rubber as the tyre tries to catch up to speed.
    Pre accident my best wheelies were steady 25-30mph ;)
    Didn't get out as much as I'd hoped last year but as you're semi local we could visit those 'private' roads sometime.

5. rhanmore

rhanmore Moped +

Look forward to it, always good to have another biker that appreciates a nice wheelie just a shame the police don't lol

6. Les

Les British Superbike +

Love 'em...although don't do them much.;)

rhanmore likes this.
  7. Barry107

Barry107 125 +

"Adult Mode On" Bloodly show off's the lot of ya and you should all be flogged. ;)

"Child Mode On" Cool mister, I like a good wheelie :worthy: :thumbsup: . Shame i'm crap at them :whistle:

paganuspaul, _Yappa_, lammyR6 and 3 others like this.
  8. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

I`m not into wheelies myself, it doesn`t float my boat although I don`t have anything against anyone who does like a bit of "unicycle" action.

9. viking killer

viking killer Street Fighter +

used to be ok at them, cant do them on my wildstar though........good picture mate

10. Finchy

Finchy Guest

I'm crap at them these days too. When they're done well, they're a thing of purile beauty :)

rhanmore likes this.
  11. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

I think it's very irresponsible of you and I think you should be banned from public roads. Only because I can't do em and if I tried I'd end up binning it!!!!

12. Finchy

Finchy Guest

13. Hanna

Hanna Street Fighter +

Yeah baby! :ninja:

14. Finchy

Finchy Guest

If we can get 4-6 confirmed as interested, I could look at dates in mid April (ish). Whaddya reckon?

15. megawatt

Too much for my meagre earnings, but I might come to watch and laugh!!!

16. Hanna

Hanna Street Fighter +

Yup, sounds good to me.

17. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

If you want to learn to wheelie, you're more than welcome to pay me £200! :D
    Learn2wheelie looks the better school, although there's a limited amount you're going to get in 1 day. Don't want to shatter illusions but 1 days course is only going to give you an insight into dealing with the inertia of the front wheel lifting.

If you're half awake then flipping a bike while learning is damn near impossible, of course if you have slow reactions / new bike, then the course might be worth the outlay. But the physics of hoiking the front can be covered over coffee and biccies.
    Would be nice to have access to the open space, mind...

The other site mentions about using fancy tyres, really not an issue and infact a sharper profile / sticky tyre is a waste when stunting anyway as you want a high contact patch with lots of stability - ie. low psi.

18. rhanmore

rhanmore Moped +

God if you can find a space I'll try and help teach you all for free. I wheelie my bike 2 up alot as the girlfriend loves it. We have hit 3 figures many times (almost everytime) in a wheelie so could take passengers to help teach the technic whilst on the back. A good place to start is on your push bike as it the same principles but you don't have to pedal on your motorbike :)

19. megawatt

Think the main worry is binning your own bike! Not a worry with someone elses Bandit 6 !!!

20. rhanmore

rhanmore Moped +

Yes but with the right training you wont bin your own bike :) Start small in first gear only using the throttle and your very unlikely to flip. Clutched up wheelies usually in second are where it gets a bit harder. But I would give up a day to help anyone on here if they would like to try

Finchy and megawatt like this.