1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Vid - How to Change oil & Filter - CB1000R

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by Sporty1200, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

Not done this before on my CB.. A short 5 min vid clearly demonstrating how to cleanly, efficiently and quickly change the oil and filter on a Honda CB1000R. Tiz a bit tongue in cheek... ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFVVFz45_Kk

BlackHornet likes this.
  2. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

Very nice vid there, dude!

Covered all the basics. Critique to follow:

Definately needs some footage of 'warming the oil' in my head I expected 5 seconds of engine screaming acceleration :laugh:

I personally always remove the filler cap before the sump / filter to remove any kind of vacum effect stopping oil draining.

Half filling the oil filter is random :p

Sump bolt should be pinch tight if you don't have a torque wrench, sumps are made of cheese!

LOVED the wrench removal!

Come do mine? ;)

3. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

Ha ha,, the oil warming was my plan... would have meant setting up a cam and screaming past it... Needed two people and my assistant was on tea break.. Damn..
    I did remove the filler cap for the reasons you say but didnt show it.. Both the above could be in the 'Directors Cut'..

4. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

Haha, do it!

Very good little vid, just the right amount of tech and humour I reckon.

5. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

I still prefer this method

:D

6. Kevin Taylor

Kevin Taylor Off Roader +

Brilliant:rofl:

7. Roadwart

BTW sporty, I have no speakers here at work so I`ll view yours properly tonight from home.

8. Roadwart

Very good video Kevin. I was a little concerned when the "lubricate finger" caption popped up in front of you wearing rubber gloves. :eek: Good choice of comedy music as well when the filter socket would play ball. Woody Woodpecker if my memory serves me correctly :D

9. Jim

Jim Race Rep +

Brilliant! Have posted this one up on my FB page a while ago and love watching I think the guy is funny and clever, love some of the subtle humour.

10. Kevin Taylor

Here's hoping I have as much fun this morning with mine, but first I have to go and get my little torque wrench. With a torque setting of only 10 Nm for the filter it would be very easy to over tighten it.

11. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

Hand tight only, fella. The rubber seal will do the rest :thumbsup:

(The term "Hand tight" assumes you don't have the grip of a 3 year old)

SlackPL likes this.
  12. Kevin Taylor

Hand tight!!!! I have shaken hands with some blokes that would strip the thread clean at hand tight.

13. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

Same guys that a) shouldn't be allowed near tools or any kind and b) don't realise it's not about power, it's about grace ;)