1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Yeah, yeah I know - 'irresponsible'

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by Finchy, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Some of you will like this... some will hate it. Very well filmed and actually quite funny...

kitten_art and Sporty1200 like this.
  2. Hanna

Hanna Street Fighter +

Pah, bloody hooligans.

I'm just jealous that I can't ride, or drive like that!

kitten_art, Roadwart and Finchy like this.
  3. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

I like the 'Protect and Swerve' on the cop car! :D

4. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Yeah, I thought that was a nice touch too.

5. Les

Les British Superbike +

Excellent. We need roads like that in our Kent.

Finchy likes this.
  6. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Yes, but without gun-wielding Police in fast cars.

7. rhanmore

rhanmore Moped +

Nice, but trying to work out how they are drifting. I reckon they must be holding the front brake on the bikes all the time to force the back to spin up. Plus the tyres, which I noticed are Avon, must be as hard as nails because even with all the spinning they still weren't melting and balling up. What do you think? Still very fancy riding and driving though

8. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Looks to me like they've got quite large rear sprockets. If you listen, the bikes frequently hit the rev limiter but I didn't notice any front brake action. All I can assume is that they smack the throttle open in a high gear before they turn-in and then keep it nailed once the rear is spinning. Maybe this is another reason that they use a hard compound tyre - it doesn't give good traction. Obviously, they've fitted the extended swinging arms to prevent the front end from lifting, so this practice might not be possible on a standard road bike.

Very different from Super-Moto style. Tell you what, if you want to have a try, let me know when and I'll come watch. You first :).

9. rhanmore

rhanmore Moped +

Lol, I can't afford to waste me tyres they don't last long as it is lol

Finchy likes this.
  10. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Having a longer swingarm is how they keep the tyre spinning. If the bike doesn't weight transfer onto the rear, ie when drag racing, it just spins the tyre up. A guy on the Fireblade forum has a 10" over stock swinger and he can't do a drag start, just lays about 80 yards of rubber?

11. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

pretty impressive riding but the car driver is far more skilled, the fact he can keep an american muscle car on the road is an impressive feat on it's own.

i really want those roads :D

kitten_art and Finchy like this.
  12. Davetona

Davetona Sport Tourer +

Triumph FTW :bow: