1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Gritted Roads!

Discussion in 'On the Road!' started by Fergy, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Fergy

Fergy Secret prototype +

Beware guys if you go out tomorrow the roads have already been gritted at 8pm this evening so either they are thinking thats enaough or they will be back out again later. Be carefull!

Sporty1200 likes this.
  2. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

My car windscreen hasn't defrosted all day!

3. HAYABUSADAVE

HAYABUSADAVE Custom cruiser +

Barstewards aren't they, a pissy bit of frost and the councils freak, Twats!
    Save the salt until they really need it, No wonder they run out when it does snow properly........:mad:
    If the car wallers cant drive accordingly to the weather then fuck them! :giggle:

Bloody salt I hate it!!!!!

4. Les

Les British Superbike +

Yep, I dislike it too but I read somewhere that it needs to be laid before the real cold weather, so it can soak into the tarmac & be more effective. Think I'd rather no salt/grit at all but as we get so little chance of recognising/reacting early to skids (in cars at least), would be laughed at by the majority. Have to wait bloody ages now for the rain to wash it away, pah.

5. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

Roads were completely white this morning, other than some ominous black patches that I avoided! :)

6. ro06k5

ro06k5 Sport Tourer +

They were out gritting the main A259 this evening at 6; the gritter was stuck in the traffic.

WHY????????

Oh yeah, that's the Green Party Brighton Council for you!!!! :mad:

At least that part of the road won't freeze :rolleyes:

Won't run out of grit/salt at home though if I need to get my bike out the garage - got a few 25kg bags hidden away :)

7. niki

niki Off Roader +

they gritted bluebell hill on friday there was so much salt it was like riding on marbles there is a limit to how much you need use surely

Sporty1200 likes this.