1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Mayday Run

Discussion in 'Biker events' started by niki, Jan 17, 2012.

1. niki

niki Off Roader +

I know its early to start thinking about the mayday run but I was wondering if the site was going to organise and little meet up of members?Just thought it would be good for the new members to meet and greet the wise old dinosaurs(:giggle:) that they chat to.It would be a good time too maybe increase member numbers as most get the bikes out on the first run of the year.

_Yappa_ likes this.
  2. GuzziRob

GuzziRob Race Rep +

Ill be at Bewl end of the Lamberhurst bypass by the Scotney exit road, until 10.00ish, then riding down and meeting peeps I havent seen since the last one.:hug:

3. niki

niki Off Roader +

I'm riding down from Bromley as I promised a friend that he can be pillion.So Ill be coming via the motorway/bypass so thats the pier end.

4. GuzziRob

GuzziRob Race Rep +

Yep where peeps who have been speeding down the bypass suddenly realise that in ends in a roundabout and goes back to a single lane. Wave as you go past especially to the Police bikes who have ,in past years, (but not 2011 when the police presence was minimum) used it as a depot.

5. niki

niki Off Roader +

yeah normally I go from Strood were i live to rye and then to hastings but a promise is a promise and he just went out an bought a crash helmet,trousers and jacket so can't really disappoint him.

6. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

I always go to this......where we meeting up? :)

7. niki

niki Off Roader +

well I aways park down by the boat pond so its a matter of everyone linking up as you'll have no chance of looking for people on your own

8. Blade rr6

Blade rr6 World Superbike +

To many turds and police about for me these days:(

HAYABUSADAVE likes this.
  9. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

Nearer the time, if no one else from Eastbourne area has done it, I will post up a meet up and ride in.

Blade..... last year the police presence was minimal and pretty laid back, which was, I admit, rather unsettling :confused::eek::)

lammyR6 and Sporty1200 like this.
  10. _Yappa_

_Yappa_ Official SECB representative down under. +

Ummmmmm...strange question what is a mayday run??

11. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

http://www.bike1066.com/
    Not the best info but at least an idea. Normally ride starts at Locksbottom and heads to Hastings for a day of fun and festivities :D

Hopefully I shall be there so will keep an eye on post for any meet up suggestions.

12. GuzziRob

GuzziRob Race Rep +

:sfight:
    I repost something wot I rote on another forum last year.........
    You "younger" guys need to realise that the "May Day Run" dates back to the mid-late 1960's and was the May Bank Holiday "venue" for "Mods & Rockers" to meet and have "discussions"(at times very violent") over there lifestyles, most shops on the front would be closed and shuttered and the pubs shut!!!
    No one Individual,Club,Organization, Group organizes the May Day Run! It just "happens" each year, and hopefuly will continue,
    I go down to meet people some of whom I have not seen since the previous run and probably won't see again until next year.
    Please please please keep it as disorganised as it always has been, don't make any person(s) or Organisation responsible.
    It's taken almost 50 yrs for Hastings Council to admit it exists!!!
    There are already rumours of moving it to the Falaise fields AND changing the DATE to October!!!!
    And what is all this B***ocks about "The Spring Opener Show" Its the MAY DAY RUN.
    Heaven forbide it becomes another "Brightonia"

HAYABUSADAVE and kitten_art like this.
  13. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

Hoo-bloody-ray, someone else who knows it for what it really is!!! It also coincides with the Beltane celebrations of Wiccan/Pagan solstices, hence you see a lot of "green daubed" people walking around. Pretty important time of year. :)

Roadwart, you definately don't have any witchy emoticons :hah:

14. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

That bike 1066 thing.....aren't they the ones that tried to say they ran it? Do they F**K! :fume:

HAYABUSADAVE and GuzziRob like this.
  15. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

witch.gif

OK its not in the smiley tray but will be tonight :D

kitten_art and Hanna like this.
  16. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

Is it worth trying to get a "stall" and parking on Robertson Street like last year?

17. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Not sure its going to be worth it to be honest as very few people stayed much longer than an hour or so last year.

If enough people want to stay a good few hours, I`m more than happy to look into it. :thumbsup:

18. GuzziRob

GuzziRob Race Rep +

and when somebody is "responsible " the "powers to be" have somebody to control/blame etc

19. niki

niki Off Roader +

I'm going to be there most the day as its my no kids or wife day out so me and my pillion bitch( best mate) would not mind staying round..

20. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

MAGIC!
    Thankyou x