1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Weird cans

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by megawatt, Feb 3, 2012.

1. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

It's fookin loud in the garage mate. Gonna try n get out tomorrow if it stays dry. May try a drive by on the canal road!!!

2. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Brrrrmmmm brrrrmmmm. Let me know how it works out.

I'm having a frikkin nightmare with the paint on my petrol tank. Third time I've had to paint it... and I'm not happy, at all.

3. Stars and Stripes

Stars and Stripes Secret prototype + Site Supporter

It ain't gonna get any quieter than this unless I fit a pre silencer under the engine. The standard exhaust system has a four into two into one which is about 48mm diameter welded to the linkpipe which is 61mm diameter. Not sure what goes on inside the link pipe, but there aint much silencing!

Have you considered Four into two into two and have twin slash cut shorties (will look good/balanced) :rubhands:

4. megawatt

Yeah mate , that's on my list. Gonna mod the collector to take the pre silencer or a one into two splitter for two cans. Good idea mate.

5. Stars and Stripes

Stars and Stripes Secret prototype + Site Supporter

I forgot to say "It did sound NICE"

6. megawatt

Cheers mate!;)

7. megawatt

Managed to get out for a bimble around the Marsh today. I picked a 1/2 mile straight between bends, put my phone camera at the side of the road, switched on and got on the bike. Dunno how to edit it , so the the bit between 20 secs and 2.05 mins is OK??? Whadya reckon??? Double click on the piccy!
    [​IMG]

Finchy likes this.
  8. ramrider

ramrider Race Rep +

i wished somone stoped and nicked your camara

9. megawatt

Have missed you Patrick:) Next time I'll use a telescopic sight;)

10. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

i like the burbling when you throttle off...almost sounds like its running rich and expect to see flames !!:)

11. megawatt

I love that noise too mate:)

12. deano81

deano81 Secret prototype +

sounded pretty lairey when you left here matey .... dunno if it helps but hannah loved it :thumbsup: . she cant quite say alan though so she calls you "analan bike" :D

13. megawatt

Cheers mate, was worried she'd burst into tears with all that noise!!!

14. Les

Les British Superbike +

I imagine that was cancelled out by the joy of seeing you leave.;)

deano81 likes this.
  15. deano81

deano81 Secret prototype +

lol... nah she sits in the garage when i fire up the bikes, doesnt bat an eyelid... even sits on them..

Les likes this.
  16. Finchy

Finchy Guest

I like it! I want one. How's the power delivery?

17. megawatt

It feels good. Not too much back pressure and it is difficult to keep the front wheel down. Gonna check plug colours when I get the chance. What size is your link pipe and does it have a 3 bolt flange on it?

18. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Yep, three bolt flange that I've crudely (but effectively) trimmed down to marry-up to the Remus can in a neater way. Do you want internal or external dims?

19. megawatt

External and internal please mate. We can get rid of that flange if you want and I can make an adaptor for if you wanna refit it? Pix will help?

20. megawatt

Just done summat radical with my silencer. Went from this;
    [​IMG]
    To this;
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Really weird eh ???