1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Someone recommend me a mechanic please?

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by R1 Chickie, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Finchy

Finchy Guest

What about the 'helpless' men? No doubt, most women would say that ALL men are helpless.

KittenArt - I'm your side sista! Women's lib and all that (crap). Blah blah blah.

Anyway, KittenArt - what are you doing on here? Get back into the kitchen and finish your chores. Oh hang on... they'll never get finished as 'a womans work is never done'. Maybe it would get finished if you worked faster :whistle:.

See Alan - your influence on me is strong (old master Yoda).

2. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Thanks Jay. I'll come n visit you in hospital after Kitten has finished with you :)

GuzziRob and Roadwart like this.
  3. Finchy

Finchy Guest

I'll have a bed-bath please. Just wash your hands first... and maybe afterwards too.

4. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian, any more than working in a garage makes you a mechanic.
    (Okay so the original was car, but that wouldn't have made sense here)

Some of the best tuners and mechanics I've ever known weren't so by trade. Bryan (who taught me tons) was a hydraulic lift engineer for Marconi and Lee Cross, who's competed in and won just about every amatuer series going, which he and his dad built all of the bikes for, spent most of his days in an office.
    And now he's 'retired' to Wales : http://leecrossracing.com/

@Kitten - Make me a sammich and leave the talking to the manfolk :scared:

@ Tanya - :calm: Try and get more calcium, I hear it helps ;)

Sporty1200 likes this.
  5. megawatt

I'll even prod the bruises, to make sure they're not just dirt?;)

6. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

:D:D:D:D:D:D

7. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

Cyanide Sausage Casserole dear? :D

Roadwart and Finchy like this.
  8. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

@Kitten - Make me a sammich and leave the talking to the manfolk :scared:

Of course sweetheart, you want glass shards with that, or just a bleach squash to wash it down with? :D

9. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

Do you prod with your boot?

Just asking :whistle:

10. _Yappa_

_Yappa_ Official SECB representative down under. +

T!

Ours is fantastic!! He does all you requested and he's local...and most importantly CHEAP!!

http://www.russellmotors.co.uk/

kitten_art and Roadwart like this.
  11. HAYABUSADAVE

HAYABUSADAVE Custom cruiser +

Think you got more chance of your bum hole healing up.....:giggle:

Do it yourself, don't you know anything???? :eek:

It's all quite easy really......:rubhands: When you know how.......

R1 Chickie likes this.
  12. Fergy

Fergy Secret prototype +

From someone who is totally mechanically inept and really doesnt have the time to spend servicing my bike and with my toolbox containing a hammer, stanley knife, cable ties, a broken spanner and some insulating tape I would rather give my bike to someone and pay them a decent rate for a decent job!

13. _Yappa_

_Yappa_ Official SECB representative down under. +

It also helps if you have a garage or somewhere where you can work on the bike - that does help too :(

14. megawatt

Like I said earlier, I am not too proud to accept cash for doing a simple job, but if you want to give money away, carry on.

deano81 likes this.
  15. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

I don't generally expect paying for small jobs myself. Anything that takes less than a day is more entertainment than work for me.
    Resprays, rennovations, repairs and big work then I do ask for a token payment and parts of course.

If you want learning then you have to buy me dinner afterwards, or at least make the coffee :thumbsup:

16. megawatt

Don,t go to Dave, he knows nowt and always moaning about summat.

17. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

Not so sure tis a good idea to go to that Megaface either.......he's never in, always out on rideouts.....:whistle: :lol2:

18. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

The original thread was closed for a reason so there was no need to bring it back up here & as a result I`ve deleted 2 posts.