1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Wiring for two sets of rear indicators

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by Hanna, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Hanna

Hanna Street Fighter +

I currently have a tail light with integrated indicators on the bike. I've also got some little flush indicators on order from Watsen's that I want to install as I want my turn signals to be more visible (call me paranoid but I want to make my intentions as clear as possible).

Soooo... how much of a bitch is the wiring going to be and am I going to need to have things like resisters and stuff?

2. chelskitel

chelskitel Learner

Shouldn't be a problem,the resistor issues only arise when converting to LED indicators from normal bulbs.
    The worst thing that could happen to yours is they might slow down slightly but probably not enough to notice and if the flush indicators are LED it won't make any difference at all.
    Connect them up in parallel.

Yoda likes this.
  3. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

This is such a dangerous post, Hanna! I'm waiting for the outbreak of GeekSpeak - you know, when people use all those words which sound like words you know but are assembled in groups which make no sense at all?

Hanna, GuzziRob and Roadwart like this.
  4. Hanna

Hanna Street Fighter +

Oh heck... I hadn't thought about that. It's been a few hours since I posted... perhaps the geeks aren't interested in this post?

5. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

A true geek (if not always online) will usually log on after about 10pm. Everyone knows geeks work best late at night ;)

deano81 likes this.
  6. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

Uh, oh. You woke one up. Now look what you've done. I hoped you could activate your Spidi Moderator Powers and quietly remove the post, but it's too late. They know about it!

Roadwart likes this.
  7. Hanna

Hanna Street Fighter +

Dammit! I've obviously not had enough wine otherwise I would have been quicker off the mark. My teachers were right, sobriety does dull the senses... or something like that.

8. jack_bm

jack_bm Sport Tourer +

When i installed my integrated LED tail light all i had to do is change the relay, but i think if your having like what you said with the two indicators on each side you can get some Y adapters it should be plug and play, it was when i installed mine not sure if that helps though hope it does haha

If you look right at the bottom of the page you can see the Y adapters that i ment
    http://www.modmy250.com/LP.html

9. Hanna

Hanna Street Fighter +

Great, thank you. :D

jack_bm likes this.
  10. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Just splice them into the existing indicator wires with Scotchlock connectors! Be careful you wire em the right way round though, as they are diodes.

11. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

:eek: tools of the devil them things!

Gazza1, Skortchio and GuzziRob like this.
  12. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Yeah, I know, they don't always work, but if the wires are thick enough and you make sure there's a connection, thay are the easiest way to join two wires!