1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Big Rideout Sunday 15th, 1066 cafe at 1000am,leave at 11ish

Discussion in 'General Rideouts' started by megawatt, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

The one to check is pillion insurance..... I'm confused, if i dont take out pillion insurance does that mean it is illegal to take a passenger? I'm aware it means i'm liable to a private lawsuit for compensatioj in the unlikly event of accident.... :oops:

2. Amber

Amber Moped

Photo0838.jpg

Photo0839.jpg

Hey y'all!
    Many thanks for a great ride out today :)
    Had a slight detour on the way home (what's new?) , I blame Hoppie (not really) for not telling me there was a Marathon in Brighton!!! All sensible roads closed :(
    Great to see old aquaintances and new.
    Thank you Finchy for letting me tag along on your route. I did 181 miles, my clutch hand seized up by Rye - Ow!!
    Can't believe Gazza lost his wallet - hope you sort it out - what a pain in the ass :(
    Hope to see you all again soon and with some sunshine.

Ducky, JimG, Panel Man and 2 others like this.
  3. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

I know I`m covered for pillion as I was specifically asked. What I didn`t understand is that it would have cost me the same with or without pillion :confused:

4. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

As far as I am aware, no pillion insurance equals no pillion....perfect excuse to not allow anyone on pillion! excellent :thumbsup:.
    Wish I had been able to do this rideout :(

5. lost

lost Samsung leaflet fetishist +

check your policy one of mine would pay out for pillion but screw me on the bike cover and access i had to pay.

6. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

Being honest, pillion seat is only big enough for a fat gnat and I am anti pillion anyway, so tisnt an issue for me.
    I was specifically asked this last renewal if I wanted pillion cover, the answer was a resounding "no fang kew" :)

7. Finchy

Finchy Guest

As far as I know, if you say that you don't carry a pillion, having one on board will void your policy. I doubt if it even makes any difference to the premium when you take out the policy, so I've always thought it best to add it (even when I've owned solo-seated bikes).

8. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Ha ha - I know :). Safety first, idiotic speed second :whistle:

kitten_art and Roadwart like this.
  9. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

Pretty sure ive got it (will now check) on the Sportster but didnt feel the need or desire to on the CB but i guess its always handy just in case. especially if it doesnt increase premium :thumbsup:.

10. lost

just checked my zx10 policy if a claim is made for a passenger being carried on or mounting or dismounting from the motorcycle the cover we provide is limited to the legal minimum to the relevant law.
    i have no pillion cover on this bike as have no rear seat or pegs

11. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

I though this thread was about the rideout, not feckin pillion insurance which hardly any of us carry anyway ???:) Sorry Paul:cry:(Roadwart and Lost)

12. lost

sorry mate great rideout by the way:giggle:

megawatt likes this.
  13. Tusky

Tusky Off Roader +

Only just noticed this....DOH.....

Glad you all had a good run, big shame it was a no riding weekend for me ;)

14. NAPA121

NAPA121 Secret prototype +

You missed a good'un mate...Shame you couldn't make it...

15. Carnage

Carnage Race Rep +

didnt see you there ya ol fart

16. Carnage

Carnage Race Rep +

ouch ahhhh ouch.......i need to get out on the bike more .....cramp in all sorts of places ........trying to hustle that bloody great lump sandwiched inbetween two fireblades took more than i remember :laugh:......now wheres my monthly copy of sporting life

17. Les

Les British Superbike +

Thanks also to Rob for being TEC.

alexs, Sporty1200 and Finchy like this.
  18. SuzuKeith

SuzuKeith World Superbike +

absolutly

19. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Yeah, Mega thanks to Rob for his help and patience. Couldn't get a tail ender for the ride home, so no drop off system!!!;)

20. Les

Les British Superbike +

Yeah, always seems to go to rats on the way home;).

Finchy likes this.