1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

My weekend in Shropshire

Discussion in 'On the Road!' started by megawatt, May 8, 2012.

1. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Went to a mate's social gathering in Telford on Friday. Towed the bike up with the Passat. Dropped my camping gear in Telford, then towed the bike up to a friends farm near Shrewsbury. Unloaded the bike, left car and trailer and rode the bike back to Telford. Got changed, pitched my tent , had a fish n chip supper and then went to a local pub to listen to Simon Lees, a fantastic rock guitarist, formerly with the band Budgie !
    Surfaced on Saturday morning and eventually got out on a rideout with two ladies from TheMotorBikeForum, Cat on her R6 and Remy, the lady with the farm, on her 650 Gladius. We headed for Bridgnorth, Quatt Cafe and then Long Mynd, a range of big hills, near Church Stretton. Very scary riding up and then down a couple of 1 in 4 roads!!! Got back to Shrewsbury on an empty tank, good job it was mostly downhill!!!
    [​IMG]
    Checkout that number plate?
    [​IMG]
    Had a blinding piss up on Saturday night, mostly drinking a single malt whisky, Auchentoshen , I think? After not much sleep, we managed a rideout on Sunday ,. with the two ladies and a mate from a Fireblade Forum. We met at Montford Bridge on the A5 , then some fast B roads to the highest waterfall in Wales.
    [​IMG]

The view from our table at the cafe!!!
    [​IMG]

Another fast B road through the Berwyn mountains to Bala and on to the Ponderosa Cafe near the Horseshoe Pass , Llangollen.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Back to Telford for more eating and drinking, not much sleeping, and loaded up for the 6 hour drive home.

Sporty1200 likes this.
  2. Stars and Stripes

Stars and Stripes Secret prototype + Site Supporter

looks like you had a great time? did the weather hold out for you?

3. megawatt

Yep, was warm n sunny on Saturday, dry n sunny but colder on Sunday and pi$$ed down on Monday afternoon.:)

4. gixerpaulk5

gixerpaulk5 Off Roader +

Looks like you had a good time mate, im sure ive been to that cafe years ago when I used to manage etting away for long wkends

5. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

Why do you put yourself through all that stress? It sounds to have been very hard work. Better a soothing cuppa at the 1066 and then a gentle tootle round the lanes. You shouldn't be getting your heart rate up so high, chasing round after women on bikes!

kitten_art and _Yappa_ like this.
  6. Stars and Stripes

Stars and Stripes Secret prototype + Site Supporter

Especially at your age :whistle: :whistle:

jack_bm and kitten_art like this.
  7. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Saw some pics on FB. Lovely place you went to mate. Glad the weather stayed reasonable.

8. megawatt

Was a great trip mate. Lovely route through some beautiful scenery. Nice to go up the side of mountains again. Haven,t ridden there for over 20 years.