1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Clutch cover mod - CB100R

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by Sporty1200, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

Clutch cover arrived recently..... Its taken me a little while to adjust to the difference now its fitted. Wish i was 100% with the mod but reckon i'm 75% pro the cover but dont like how there is a gap around the oil filler cap (Pic 3 at bottom). What dya think looks wise (honest please) and any ideas if i can make good the gap around oil filler please.. :)

1comp.jpg love this pic, looks like its going fast even at park, the engines trying to climb over the front wheel. :)

2comp.jpg

3comp.jpg Dont like this gap!!!!! :confused:

2. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

nice cover, but being a bit anal, yes the gap would bother me...:( I wonder if there are any after market oil filler caps...like those anodised ones that maybe has a bigger circumference to minimise the visual gap ?

Had a quick look...Evotech have some with a bigger 'base', but not sure...maybe they cud send you the diameter ?

/edit MC Motorparts have them too...n much cheaper...they arrive quite quickly...although they say HK...I bought some screen screws for the 675 from them and they arrived within the week...mine seem to have a UK postal mark on it...:thumbsdown:

Sporty1200 likes this.
  3. Sporty1200

Thanks Gareth, just looked at the cap with that in mind. Its a great idea thwarted only by the distance of the gap being 5mm and the available distance between the filler cap (opposite side to the gap) and clutch case 2mm so a bigger cap could only be 2mm bigger in radius. Think ill look into making an oval rubber washer thats big enough to cover the gap but on the opposite side that is only 2mm room, that side will have to be squared off a bit. Just need some heat resistant rubber.

4. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

If cover is gonna stay on ,try filling the gap with black silicone Kev?

5. Sporty1200

6. megawatt

Come earlier if you want mate, I'll be messing with Yamaha this morning?;)

7. Sporty1200

May well do :thumbsup:, i could use some help holding my satnav cable that's (possibly) on the fritz and wigling it while i test it with a voltmeter... feking snav, docking shoe + power cable been nothing but a fekin irritation and source of mockery since i bought it. :cry:

8. megawatt

I use my Tomtom 730T. Car one on a bracket on bars. Plastic bag over it, if it rains. No probs?;)

9. Sporty1200

I bet that looks nice .... :lol2:

10. megawatt

Works though, don't care about looks:)

11. Les

Les British Superbike +

Unlike you 'n me eh?

12. megawatt

We don,t need looks Les.