1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Wootton Bassett Ride of Respect 2011

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by Jim, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Jim

Jim Race Rep +

A few of us did this run this year, it was absoloutely amazing! 1000s of bikes rode from the airfield where they bring our casualties in from Afghan and did a circuit through the town about 12-13 miles, ALL the local population along the route were out the front of their houses cheering us, waving flags and clapping! A very touching day. More so for me as my Son was and still is out there with 59 Commando (just celebrated his 21st in a Forwrd Operating Base:thumbsdown:), he's only got about 3 months to go now so fingers crossed. In the mean- time this post is my little tribute to all our boys out there especially the ones that didn't/don't make it home upright and breathing!
    Hey Mr Taliban...... :htlr:

Meet up at the services
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Uh Oh Bike TROUBLE, luckily not one of ours but as usual bikers all stick to gether and try and help!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Arriving at the Airfield
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Where's Wally (Me)
    [​IMG]

It was busy and this doesn't do it justice but what a buzz!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Yoda

Yoda Sport Tourer + Site Supporter

Well done Jim they had Great support again this year - But was this the last one ??? i head there not doing this again :thumbsdown:

3. Jim

Jim Race Rep +

Apparently there are no more flights coming into Wootton of this sort! There are other Rides of Respect though. One is advertised on the Fire Bike FB page.

4. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

I think Brize Norton is now the designated base for repatriations.