1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Some Of My Rides, Guess Which Ones I Don't Own!

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by Jim, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Jim

Jim Race Rep +

My old CX who I parted company with last year, sniff sniff and my Divvy 900 which I sold to get the SV, don't miss it but a great bike all the same.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Guzzi, I swapped a 98 Triumph Tiger for this, hmmm still don't know if that was the right decision?
    [​IMG]

No explanation needed by now 'YAWN'
    [​IMG]

One of my current 2 bikes, sans fairing but looking clean!
    [​IMG]

The VFR I did my Police Training on for 2 weeks, loved it, what a tool! (The bike not me!)
    [​IMG]

My Police refresher this year was on this, what a day for a different perspective from the other side!
    [​IMG]

There were so many more bikes that I would like to have included but either too long ago before the wonders of the digital age or I just didn't get around to taking many pics.....a big regret, my advice to anyone would be get pics of you and your rides so you have some history to show your 'mad about bikes' six year old son!

So, what I did was nicked a load off the internet, where-ever poss I have chosen a pic that is the same colour and condition as the bike I had. The one exception is the GPZ as the one I had was a Matt black and well 'ard Street Fighter! Enjoy.

1976 Suzuki GT500A (2 stroke) first went on this bike when it belonged to my brother I was 7yrs old little did I know I would own it 17 yrs later!
    [​IMG]

1986 Honda XBR500.....What a bike... big single for it's time.
    [​IMG]

Kawasaki GPZ 550 The only Kwaka in the collection,
    [​IMG]

Armstrong MT500 ex military.....erm not sure why? Didn't have lots of money and lived in the sticks. Had character as they say, bastard to start with a kick start on the left. Another big single tho and I do love my lumpy engines.
    [​IMG]

Bandit 1200s Had it brand new and wrote it off in a low side 3 months later, managed to set it alight! oops!
    [​IMG]

Bandit 1200 unfaired model, this one lasted a bit longer, the first bike I wheelied and got my knee down on, loved it and still love 'em now. Got this one on the insurance from the last one, fully comp pays!
    [​IMG]

Honda CBR600, got this for some track time, having decided that knee down was the way to go I wanted some serious fun, did a few track days on this.
    [​IMG]

Honda XR250, having done a bit of speed stuff I now fancied a bity of off roading!
    [​IMG]

Honda XL250, Always fancied older bikes so I dipped into something a bit more classic but still off road, turned out to be not so practical.
    [​IMG]

Triumph Thunderbird 900, bought this cos I am a poser, the lads at work loved it, just a boy toy not very practical, rode like a sack of spuds and a devil to clean.
    [​IMG]

Triumph Tiger 900, swapped for the Thunderbird, great practical all rounder, bloody heavy but fun.
    [​IMG]

My latest acquisition is Suzuki GS 500E which I have basically got for free, needs some work on the carbs and forks but will make a great winter hack and keep my poor little SV off those nasty winter roads!
    Jim:)

Sporty1200 and Skortchio like this.
  2. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

Good selection there dude, I always take a pic of any bike I've had just for my records too. :thumbsup:

3. ramrider

ramrider Race Rep +

some nice bike's there jim

4. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

Great Post..... Nice to see the history :thumbsup:

5. Jim

Jim Race Rep +

Yeah anyone else got some history to put up, it's still a case of 'building' this forum from the inside now you know make it interesting for newbies (hopefully):thumbsup:

6. Yoda

Yoda Sport Tourer + Site Supporter

Will dig some pics out tonight and start Me thinks