1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Bike progress

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by Darkzy, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Darkzy

Darkzy Race Rep +

Hey guys,
    Just thought i'd upload a picture showing where my bike stands at the moment...
    Not long now :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

with minor frustrations we finally got the engine into the frame...

of course what preceded this was the simple task of putting cylinder head on, Choosing which cams to use (out of two sets), setting the timing, tightening the alternator bolt stuff like that... however the engine is now ..... fairly done apart from as said the valve clearances and stuff.

More was also done, I now have a rear wheel (Albeit Dean's rear wheel with my sprocket.)
    i have a back brake (whole system deans [​IMG] ) swingarm is attached.
    shock attached (Without bolts),
    new suspension knuckle bearings,
    wiring loom waiting to be wired,
    rear undertray attached,
    rear light and indicators bolted in.
    licence plate bolted on.

along with also replacing the front headstock bearings and races.

Busy busy busy.... But today i think is a bit more painting.. wait for 2k laquer to arrive then paint the petrol tank,
    Wire everything up and sort out the cable run
    Bleed brakes,
    Put forks together and onto bike..

Will finish bike then give final update methinks

Sporty1200 and _Yappa_ like this.
  2. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Dean has done a good job there!:eek:

Les and deano81 like this.
  3. deano81

deano81 Secret prototype +

yes he has :D a before pic would be more helpful kelv .. so from this rusty ass shed find... [​IMG][​IMG]

4. megawatt

Still looks Rusty to me? You goin to Blueboys tonight Dean?

5. deano81

maybe.. will see how i fare after a day in the garage finishing this off... waiting on some laquer to arrive so i can do the tank , need to do valve shims, rebuild the forks, clearcoat the plastics and some misc bits and.... meh do something else ive prob forgotten...

6. deano81

seeing as kelv started a thread on this . bike mostly there , few more bits to finish clearcoating and carbs are on my table in bits , i should have those sorted tomorow i guess... not like i wanted to go out on MY bike anytime soon :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Sporty1200 likes this.
  7. megawatt

Top job mate;)

8. deano81

job would of been so much easier if i had power at the garage.. would of done the bike with my compressor and gun and no faffing with rattle cans.. a nice 2k clear that cures in no time compared to this other crap... oh well its come out ok i guess, at least its better than it was lol

9. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

Yep looking great lads, good work :thumbsup:

10. SpiritofFreedom

SpiritofFreedom Moped +

You done this great job from a can??? Where did you get them from as I am thinking of giving mine a makeover this winter?

11. Darkzy

Darkzy Race Rep +

MKPE in ashford ... great place, nice guys .. some stuffs cheap but some stuff isn't.

12. deano81

i would of done a better job if i had power at the garage... much easier with the compressor and gun... thats before clear aswell.. all the blue was clearcoated today so should be on the bike tomorow

13. SpiritofFreedom

SpiritofFreedom Moped +

Cheers
    :)