1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

What a git

Discussion in 'Racing related' started by Amancalledrob, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Amancalledrob

Amancalledrob Street Fighter +

Anyone seen this?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The story doing the rounds is that he punched that kid in the face and stole Shaky's signed boot off him. Apparently Shaky's already been on the radio and said he's gonna sort it out somehow.

Bad form Mr Pikey :thumbsdown:

2. Garya

Garya World Superbike +

i saw that on the viffer site

3. Amancalledrob

Yep, that's where I got it. Thought it'd be worth spreading. Don't know how true it is, but I can't imagine any other way that little ginger kid could've ended up standing there clutching his face...

4. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

Tis doing the rounds on facebook.
    Hope that barsteward gets his just desserts :fume::fume::fume:

lammyR6 likes this.
  5. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Pics have been posted of the guy on twitter. Shakey has spoken to the BSB bods & if they can find the young lad, shakeys gonna take him round brands in one of the cars & BSB are gonna sort him out some niceties to take home.

kitten_art, Amancalledrob and lammyR6 like this.
  6. Amancalledrob

That's awesome :)

7. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

TBH, there are quite a few posts saying he did not hit the kid, and it was a scuffle of trying to get the boot, as per usual seems way over the top and all out of proportion.

8. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

yer i saw this on facebook, think the kid got hurt in the crush rather than attacked for it. but the search isn't for the bloke involved, everyone just wants to find the kid as there's a few bits waiting for him to make up for it. if he did attack the kid then ... well chances are someone will get the boot back and maybe replace it with their own up his arse.

9. Amancalledrob

Yeah I have to say (now others have pointed it out) that it does seem odd that there would be two separate pics of a smug guy with a boot and a kid holding his face, but no image connecting the two... well it's cool that they're looking to cheer the kid up, he'll be a hero at school

10. Les

Les British Superbike +

Can't view it but...aren't gingers used to getting a dig?;)
    There weren't any ginger heroes at my school.

Amancalledrob and DAVE B like this.
  11. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

12. GixxerGilly

GixxerGilly Moderator +

I cant find the link now but BSB or MCE , have said they are not interested in looking for the guy - its the kid - Shakey will give free goodies etc to - In the meantime the Marshalls nearbye had seen the kid crying , he was not with an adult either and did not make a complaint to the marshalls /stwerads (this was all in the link, that i cnat bloody find grr)
    Shame cos was a lot of controversy last year with Tommys Leathers going on eBay and now all this with the kid . may well spoil the fact the riders chuck all their stuff out to the crowds . (Josh is a FITTY pfwaar lol)

13. Amancalledrob

I feel bad now for posting this thread as it's since turned out to be a huge misunderstanding - the chap you see walking off with the boot did nothing wrong. It seems the boot either hit the child or he got accidentally bumped in the scramble to catch it.

14. paganuspaul

paganuspaul Off Roader +

That's the trouble with the internet, is hard to know which of the stuff that spreads across it so quickly is correct and which is misinformation. Still, as long as no-one decides to give the bloke a kicking, no harm done and a happy kid in prospect!

Amancalledrob likes this.
  15. Amancalledrob

Yep, hopefully! I don't normally take part in this kind of thing, but this story struck a chord. Having found out it was completely off the mark I'll go back to ignoring these stories with even more enthusiasm than before :rolleyes:

_Yappa_ and paganuspaul like this.
  16. GixxerGilly

GixxerGilly Moderator +

Bootgate is all sorted now .. Shakey took the lad and also the Guy round Brands in the course car today and eberyone is happy . It will be shown on BBC News south east tonight at 6.30

17. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

Thats very cool of shakey, i'm glad they took both around as it helps clear up this misunderstanding and prevents a public hanging :D

18. GixxerGilly

GixxerGilly Moderator +

raced back from Carvery and never saw anything on the news ??

19. ramrider

ramrider Race Rep +

no but on the latter news police want a word with a speeding motorist in a blue convertible :rolleyes:

GixxerGilly and BlackHornet like this.
  20. GixxerGilly

GixxerGilly Moderator +

was in Teds 4 x 4 lol Watched the late news on ITV , we get London --so maybe it weas ont eh meridian one or not at all