1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

wartling road reopened with fresh tarmac

Discussion in 'On the Road!' started by BlackHornet, Oct 18, 2012.

1. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

:D ok so they haven't done the whole road but from the pub down to the last 2 bends has a fresh coat of tarmac, gone are all the scary bumps and werid cambers, now just to try it on the bike as they are in my top 5 sets of bends :whoo:

ramrider likes this.
  2. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

Where are they, Tom?

3. jack_bm

jack_bm Sport Tourer +

If i'm thinking of the right place is that the end of the marsh road near the little chef going towards eastbourn?

4. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Starts on A271 after Boreham Street, past the observatory/castle , into Wartling and then the fast bit across the marshes to Pevensey roundabout on A259/A27. A great bit of road.

jack_bm likes this.
  5. BlackHornet

for those not aware it's the road passed hurstmonceux castle, pevensey bay towards battle.
    i couldn't find any suitable dry runs to publicly share so here's a very wet day but you can get an idea for the bends and just how bumpy it was :thumbsdown:

6. jack_bm

jack_bm Sport Tourer +

looks like i'll have to go on a little adventure next time im over that way! cheers Alan

7. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

8. BlackHornet

found an mx5 turbo to play with :D shame i had to dodge so much mud but the road is so much better :D

althou nearly dropped in on the mud on the return leg :poop:

_Yappa_ likes this.