1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Afghan Heroes Spitfire rideout 14- August 2011

Discussion in 'Biker events' started by Yoda, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Yoda

Yoda Sport Tourer + Site Supporter

Ebbsfleet-Manston Spitfire Ride 2011

The second Ebbsfleet and Manston Spitfire Run will be taking place on 14th August 2011. The organisers have secured a bigger and more accessable meeting point, owing to the success of last year’s run. The muster point will be Ebbsfleet International Station and we can confirm that catering will be available at both Ebbsfleet and Manston.
    [​IMG]Manston is the home of the Spitfire and Hurricane museum and the 14th August is their principle calendar event, which will include: – Battle of Britain fly past, Aerial Displays, IMPS Vintage Military Vehicles and lots more, this is a family event at Manston, therefore car parking is available. (Click on poster to enlarge)
    Registration will be through the Afghan Heroes website. Registration is £5 per rider, all of which is donated to Afghan Heroes (a special edition wrist band is included). To register, please go to the Afghan Heroes shop, where a commemorative T-Shirt and Patch are also available for purchase.
    Ebbsfleet will be open from 07.00 on the 14th August with the ride commencing at 10am (route to be announced).

2. Yoda

I will Be Going To Manston With Dawn to see them ride in ...:)

3. ramrider

ramrider Race Rep +

also will be at manston to support the riders

4. Steve B

Steve B Street Fighter +

I'll see you there mate. I'll marshalling at both ends so should be there first. :thumbsup:

5. Yoda

i have your cuppa & bacon Bap waiting for you mate :)

6. Steve B

Steve B Street Fighter +

Sounds good. Lets hope the weather is...:sun2:

7. Fergy

Fergy Secret prototype +

Is anyone meeting and riding to this?

Yoda likes this.
  8. Miky_G

Miky_G World Superbike +

I live 3 minutes from ebbsfleet so I can meet there if anyone else wants to start there?

Yoda likes this.
  9. chelskitel

chelskitel Learner

Looks like a good day out.
    I'm up for a meet at Ebbsfleet.

Yoda likes this.
  10. Yoda

will be a great day should be a big turn out also . looking forward to thei :)

11. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

Ill start from Ebbsfleet if you want to meet there :)

This is the route: A2 Ebbsfleet-M2 Junction 3 – A229 Blue Bell Hill – M20 to Junction 8- A20 towards Leeds castle – A252 Challock – A251 to Faversham-Rejoin A2-turn right then left onto A299 Thanet way- Keep going until you see signs for Manston-B2048 to spitfire Memorial museum

Anyone have any idea roughly how long the ride out will take?

12. GixxerChick

GixxerChick 125 +

I am registered to do this so anyone riding up from Dover area want to meet up and ride together?

13. Miky_G

Miky_G World Superbike +

I won't be attending now as I'll be working :-(

14. mousematt

mousematt Commuter 500 +

Just got my ticket and t-shirt... I'll be at Ebbsfleet, just down the road for me too...:thumbsup:

15. GuzziRob

GuzziRob Race Rep +

I've arranged a pre-booked breakfast (proceeds to the charity) @ the Bell and Jorrocks @ Frittenden @ 8.00 am and will be leaving there for Ebbsfleet with others @ 9.00am

16. Fergy

Fergy Secret prototype +

Just got back from my holiday so will try and sort this out this week!

17. Snowman

Snowman Learner

I would have liked to come but am on call again :stomp:

18. Yoda

:)Will see you all in Manston """ Fingers Crossed for The Sun to be Out

19. ramrider

ramrider Race Rep +

a well supported event,could of been organised better they sent the riders to the back entrance to the car park but apart from that a really nice day :thumbsup:

20. GuzziRob

GuzziRob Race Rep +

Good day for a good cause. Red Arrows as a bonus.