1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

RST Paragon 11 jacket/trousers - any experience reports, please?

Discussion in 'Clothing' started by Panel Man, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

Panel Man-son has expressed a need for a new textile jacket as his belated Christmas present. I feel guilty because I forgot he has a choice of Alpinestars leathers (good) or, if it's raining or cold, his first ever, 'just 'til he decides if he likes biking' textile jacket by NoName manufacturer somewhere in the Far East. Of course it leaks, just not as much as a woollen sweater would, and hopefully offers marginally more protection.

So... He thinks it should cost nearer to £100; I prefer to spend nearer to £200 and will find the money somehow. (Gulp). Ride reckon the above-mentioned textile model is worth a 'Best Buy' label. I'll take him to a shop to try on to make sure it fits properly and is comfortable, but the shop won't tell me how often the zips break and the seams rip or start to leak. He's a daily, all-weather rider for short distances, principally in town (despite my best encouragement)! Visibility and protection are important, as always, but I hope the latter won't be tested as often as someone doing 100 miles per day cross country.

Do any of you Real World bikers have views for or against RST? Any alternatives?

2. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

There are so many views out there, All I know is Triumph sell some really top end gear very cheap in sales, like this one, just not a lot of good if you not ride a Triumph, (though they are best bikes :)
    http://www.worldoftriumph.com/produ...xtile_jacket/cb9a358b5cdaf630bccd2caff67bb1a0

The only restricting factor is if they have it in/his your size. I have bought gear off this site, and they take it back if you get the size wrong, and will send out different size FOC, and pick up same time.

Panel Man likes this.
  3. Panel Man

Thanks for this - what a price reduction! Unbelieveabubble. I suspect that, left to him, PanelMan-son wouldn't care whether it said 'Dacia Duster' on the back, just as long as it's a really waterproof piece of kit. As it happens, although he rides a Suzuki, he is a Triumph fan and did try to work for them, but was snaffled by the motorcar world first.

4. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

Richard speak to Tim from seaford he always gives me discount. You can buy online from here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RST-2012-...Other_Clothing_Protection&hash=item2a168c924c
    but better to try things on in the shop. Tell him i said you would be nice to him as i advertised him on here for free :D 01323 492567

i have a whole array of RST stuff and for the money its by far the best stuff i have owned, plus i read the review on the jacket and it does sound good. :thumbsup:

deano81 and Panel Man like this.
  5. Panel Man

Thanks. Hmmn. Seaford... Seaford... Seafo... Where?:confused:

Never mind. I'll call him and ask him to tell me where he is! Perhaps he could send me a map! ;):thumbsup:

6. BlackHornet

just the brighton side of eastbourne. easy to find, if the weather is good i can take you over saturday afternoon ?

Panel Man likes this.
  7. Panel Man

Gee: that's kind. I'm completely unsure what I'm doing on Saturday but could I call you Friday pm? If something comes up for you in the meantime, don't worry.

8. BlackHornet

yes thats good with me, we should know what the weather is doing by then :thumbsup:

9. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

The weather was crap.......I went out, my bike is FILTHY!!!! :confused:
    Has Panel Man mini me got his jacket? :)

10. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

I went out also but only to take the bike to the garage for a service...was a little bit better in the afternoon when the rain stopped!

11. Panel Man

He has and he hasn't, Sharon... I've paid and they say they'll post it to him - they didn't have exactly the right size and would only be getting it tomorrow, Monday. I drove him back to Bath yesterday. I can recommend the Biker Shop, Lingfield, for range, attentiveness and general service level. Prices are ok, but no particular bargains. Still - it's more important he has a jacket that fits properly than I have enough left to get the weekly shopping at Sainsbury! He must have tried on eight different makes before settling on an RST Adventure (2013 model at 2012 price of £199.99 inc VAT).

Oh,and I can't call me a Mini-Me: he's taller than I am!

12. Garya

Garya World Superbike +

if you meant the bikerstore at south godstone that is the shop i done all the refit at

13. MaDProFF

I have bought items form Bikerstore, they are very good, and always give a discount if you push them. They were even willing to let me try some boots for fit and comfort knowing full well I would not buy them from them as I can get them so much cheaper from Germany. I have been in there a few times, always helpful. and do not like losing a sale :)

14. Panel Man

Damn! I should have pushed! Perhaps if I ever go there again to buy him the matching trews...

15. Panel Man

Lingfield? South Godstone? Gary, you know very well I cannot tell the difference! But yes, it probably was the same place. There's a bike shop right beside it (I didn't wander in, since I can't afford to torture myself).

16. MaDProFF

17. Garya

Garya World Superbike +

if you go in there ask for nod and tell him i Gary Allen sent you and you want 30%
    he might tell you to clear off lol