1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

GoPro Hero3 Silver edition vs ???

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by jack_bm, Apr 1, 2013.

1. jack_bm

jack_bm Sport Tourer +

Bit of talk on the forum about the different helmet cams and whats the best to get so i've put together a quick video using my GoPro hero 3 and was hoping to see some others upload a video they've made to compare?

First video i've made so go easy.. :thumbsup:

_Yappa_ likes this.
  2. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

:eek: you didn't pay me for my appearance in your video. :cash: the footage is good and clear the fixed points on the bikes work alot better than head / helmet mounted cams.

3. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

Go pro are the best :), the one thing I notice first is far better dynamic range, no blown highlights like the go pro 1 and 2.

4. jack_bm

jack_bm Sport Tourer +

Haha I'm guessing your in it when I pull into rye? And yeah I needed to aim it a little higher when j had it on my helmet. Yeah I'm really impressed with the go pro

5. Amancalledrob

Amancalledrob Street Fighter +

For comparison here's a video I shot last summer with my Hero2:

you can see it works well when there's plenty of light. With the same camera last week and a bit of an uncertain sky things look quite different:

So madproff's remark re blown highlights is a very good point

6. NAPA121

NAPA121 Secret prototype +

Here is one of the videos from my youtube channel shot with a Contour Roam to help you with a camparison.

7. jack_bm

jack_bm Sport Tourer +

How did you get yours mounted on like that? suction cup? or on the crash bobbins some how?

Cheers for all the replys, NAPA do you get many mounting options with the contour?

8. Amancalledrob

Suction cup. It also has the benefit of reducing vibration. There are sticky mounts as well and I've used one on top of my lid

9. jack_bm

jack_bm Sport Tourer +

I couldnt seem to get the suction cup to work on the side fairing, wasnt flat enough.. didnt try that low down tbh though and yeah i've got sticky mounts for my helmet tempted to put a few on the bike in places like the swing arm..

10. Amancalledrob

I've thought about using the swing armarm but was concerned there'd be a lot more vibration

11. jack_bm

jack_bm Sport Tourer +

hmm thats true.. will have to have a look over the bike when i get a chance of some good mounting places, once i find one i'll write it on here so if you wanna try it you can

Amancalledrob likes this.
  12. NAPA121

NAPA121 Secret prototype +

Yeah there are quite a few different ones but i like the helmet cam best although you can't use that on Trackdays....I like the universal belt mount type thing that you can put round a frame puk..