1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Triumph TT600

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by sara-gaz, Aug 5, 2011.

1. sara-gaz

sara-gaz 125 +

Many of you have probably already seen this on another site, but for those of you that haven't or indeed would like to catch up here it is on here!!! lol....

A few months back my beloved TT600 got blown over in the wind on the road outside our house! After basically crying! (yes I did)

My other half convinced me to use this as an excuse to try something I had never done before and begin a project.

Since starting I have stripped the bike down to the bare essentials and I have just dropped the Tank off to a custom painter in Birmingham to have the Tank totally customised with some gorgeous artwork!

Just today I have (with some expert help) fitted my new sprocket and chain! Very pleased.

Here are the pics from start to present........Any comments, thoughts etc would be cool....

TT600 Project Photo's

2. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

you do like those blacked out lights....V:cool:

3. sara-gaz

sara-gaz 125 +

ok, just got some new rear sets and been told that they need a pressure sensor for the break light. How easy are they to fit?

4. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Easy mate, just bolts onto the banjo bolt!!!

5. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

You need one of these as Megawatt says (but check your thread type).

Banjo

6. sara-gaz

sara-gaz 125 +

cool yeh the guy mentioned the banjo. Sweet, should get them tomorrow :)

7. megawatt

Gareth, you need to double check the thread on your fitting. There are several M8 and M10 threads that are used. Check with Triumph which one on yours , or Goodridge listing?

8. sara-gaz

sara-gaz 125 +

yeh the link that ducky put on says I need a m10x1.25. Thanks for the shout guys :thumbsup:

9. sara-gaz

sara-gaz 125 +

quick question again bout the pressure sensor. Am I cutting of the old switch and crimping the wires together? Looking at it common sense says that's what I should do lol. Also just to be idiot prof im putting it in the top of the master cylinder? Right lol

10. megawatt

Think so. The Banjo bolt has a hex head normally, sometimes the pressure switch replaces it, sometimes it screws into the hex head. Got pix of what you've bought? Don't forget you need a copper washer between fittings, I have spares? Wires should connect to original connections, splice em in or crimp em on?

11. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

A banjo bolt pressure sensor replaces either of the standard banjo bolts, either at m/c end or caliper, Doesn't matter which.

*2 copper washers* ;)

And yes you need to recreate the original connection using the pressure sensor instead of the switch, as it's a switch so the polarity shouldn't matter.

12. sara-gaz

sara-gaz 125 +

sweet thanks. and thanks again for yesterday :thumbsup:

13. megawatt

If you want help, just ask mate. Just don,t ask for money.!!!

14. sara-gaz

sara-gaz 125 +

lol well the air box is on now with the new rubber inlets and sits on the throttle bodies 10x better. Just got to put the new switch on for the break then going to do the other rear set and gear changer :rubhands:

15. sara-gaz

sara-gaz 125 +

it looks the same as the one on the link ducky put on