1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Grammar Nazi!

Discussion in 'Funny page' started by _Yappa_, May 15, 2013.

1. _Yappa_

_Yappa_ Official SECB representative down under. +

Can't remember who is the grammar Nazi on here, but hope this helps everyone make your job easier!!! :p

249120_532376783486638_597099132_n.jpg

2. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Well er, I'm 2IC.

Surely though, your post should read 'I can't remember who the grammar Nazi is on here'? ;)

3. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

:hbag: I claim Grammar Nazi status as a (part-time) living. I agree to insertion of the pronoun. I consider moving the third person singular present tense form of the verb 'to be' away from its normal copula function to be an aberration.

;)

_Yappa_ and JimG like this.
  4. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

I believe it used to be Hanna.

_Yappa_ likes this.
  5. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

youz is all well wrong i is teh gramma man init:thumbsup:

Roadwart and JimG like this.
  6. Amancalledrob

Amancalledrob Street Fighter +

I like to balance a healthy regard for grammar with the undeniable fact that English evolves constantly, where one man's grammatical error is another (often younger) man's modern use of language.

After all, people have stopped complaining about misuse of 'who' vs 'whom', I've never heard anybody chastise me for not using 'thou', and when was the last time you remember being 'castigated'?

What really gets me is 'literally abuse'. We don't have another word that means 'literally' so in future when I hear someone say 'I literally p*ssed myself laughing' then next time I talk about that person I'll mention they laughed so hard they actually wet themselves, and express sympathy for how embarrassing that must have been :giggle:

7. Finchy

Finchy Guest

I motion that Panel Man is voted as Hanna's replacement and that he assumes (by proxy) the title of 'Grammar Nazi #1'. However, Richard, there may be a 'special' initiation ceremony... :rubhands:

Tony, _Yappa_, Roadwart and 2 others like this.
  8. Panel Man

"..Panel Man is voted..."? Shurrly Shum Mishtake? I welcome such a swell of support for my elevation to this august rรดle. Perhaps you would be so good as to let me know if there is some preparation I should make in order to undergo the ceremony of which you speak? :eek:

lammyR6 likes this.
  9. Finchy

Finchy Guest

[​IMG]

_Yappa_ and Les like this.
  10. Panel Man

Aha! That kind of preparation. Hmmn. :eek::confused::red::mrun:

_Yappa_ likes this.
  11. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

& there I was thinking we were just gong to use you as somewhere to park our bikes so we don`t wear out the side stand spring ;)

12. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Ah yes; 'preparation'. In view of the fact that Richard rides a sportsbike with a small vinyl-covered biscuit for a seat, I'm guessing that this may be more appropriate;
    [​IMG]

_Yappa_ likes this.
  13. Panel Man

It's me age, mate. I sometimes confuse it with me Horlicks of a night, like.

Finchy likes this.
  14. Finchy

Finchy Guest

All of this talk about old age & ointments is down to Yappa. Bloody nurses are all the same. :love:

15. _Yappa_

But post night shifts (yes I started a sentence with 'but') it has been well worth the laugh for tired eyes!!!

16. _Yappa_

Changes in word use over time (at 0:40)

(One of my favourites)