1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

testing...

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by guy, Aug 5, 2011.

1. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

I actually gave away a full race Pro stock EFE cylinder head and cams about 4 years ago. Sold the rolling chassis in 1988, after I let someone else build my engine, dropped 5 tappets in the camchain tunnel and snapped the camchain. Lost heart and a lot of money after that!!!

2. guy

guy Moped +

OMG! Nailing any other bike afterwards must have felt a tad disappointing :(

3. megawatt

The acceleration of a Pro Stock bike is awesome mate. Quick burnout and follow the Top Fuel cars or Funny cars out onto their burnout tyre tracks. Quick test launch, back up behind the lights, inch forward into pre stage, single amber, make sure the other guy is in pre stage or staged, creep forward into stage whilst holding revs at 8000, 4 amber stage lights on tree, 4 go out, single amber comes on, launch before the green. Bike sits hard on the wheelie bars, tyre grips and you hit the air shifter for second before the engine blows at 13000 revs. Just about get feet on pegs as you hit 3rd gear, head down, 4th and 5th as you go through the 1/4 mile lights with the front wheel skimming at 150mph. Better than sex!!!

4. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

Sounds awesome, I used to know a guy called Martin Bishop (well I still know him just don't see him these days), done some work on his pro stock before. That was fast! lol :D

5. guy

guy Moped +

Better than sex, you say? Does your wife know this?:laugh:

I guess you need to line yourself pretty straight before you start, as you won't have much steering ability when the throttle's fully open and the front wheel's hovering.

Last question (for now) - what fuel were you using?

6. megawatt

Yeah, I remember that name. A bit later than my era, 1984 to 1988 for Pro Stock. Launching a roadbike just aint the same. can't keep front end down on mine in 1st 2nd and 3rd. A guy turned up at a meet without his wheelie bars, stood up vertical in first 4 gears. Parked it after that! Some more pix?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And my "Streetbike", 998 Katana engine, V&H zorst, CV carbs, stock engine, no alternator, starter motor, lights, speedo, tacho .Z650 shocks with spacers and valve springs in em . Best times, 10.37 at 137mph.
    [​IMG]

Ducky likes this.
  7. megawatt

Yes Guy, you steer with your arse, keep looking at the finish line and lean to steer. The back end came around to 45 degrees at Long Marston., Shakespeare County Raceway, and I hit the next gear, stared straight ahead and the back wheel followed, eventually!!!
    Fuel is AVGAS, 5 star , high lead , aviation fuel. Need it to run 15:1 compression ratio and advanced ignition. The engine runs for 9 seconds and then it's ready to seize up as there is NO ring gap at full temperature!!!

8. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

Awesome photos dude! :thumbsup: I know Avgas fuel! :D