1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Brands Indy - Monday 17th June - No Limits £120

Discussion in 'SECB Track Days' started by NAPA121, May 30, 2013.

1. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

No, not me...I can stop...I can...really I can...

2. NAPA121

NAPA121 Secret prototype +

I know :oops:

All this practice and I never get any faster....Bloody enjoy it though :thumbsup:

3. NAPA121

Well after much trying and being unsuccessful to load my bike onto the borrowed Starsandstripes trailer :oops: I have decided to ride to Brands tomorrow....I will definitely need to get my act together for Snets though as I'm not riding up there and doing a trackday again....It was too tiring. Weather Gods please be kind tomorrow....

4. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Pity didn't know sooner. Sure we could have come and given you a hand whilst out on bikes today! Still, I hope you have a fab time tomorrow. Am very jealous!! :D

5. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

do you have tEh handle bar straps? they make it so much easier. if not buy a set ASAP :thumbsup:

6. NAPA121

Yes have all the straps etc but it's the trailer itself...It's a dirt bike trailer and so the middle ramp has a massive hole in it for the front wheel of a dirt bike but it's far to big for the front wheel of an R6 so the wheel will just fall through and damage the discs (if I let it).

I would be able to strap it to one of the side ramps (3 bike trailer) that don't seem to have such a chock hole but then I would have to load two bikes either side to balance it up as I dont think you can use a trailer so unbalanced.

Brands is not too bad as I can ride there in 15 mins but i will need to sort something out for Snets....

7. lost

lost Samsung leaflet fetishist +

ffs man up napa
    hook trailer to car put ramp from floor to trailer push bike up ramp and on to trailer simples:lola:

8. NAPA121

And let said front wheel fall through hole and damage discs...End of trackday..simples...lol Cheers mate

9. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

plank of wood to block the hole and your away :thumbsup: but the first time loading a bike is a pain best to wait till you have a hand. once you get used to it then it's easier. well mostly

10. NAPA121

Yeah i think you're on the money Tom...Once I have done it a couple of times I'm sure i'll be fine but it's just doing that first one and like I said, I don't think I can without some modification of some sort (unless I take two bikes) Anyone want me to take their bike to Snets?...Seriously...Would save a bit of hassle I reckon....

11. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

Could you not take the existing middle channel off and swap it with one of the side ones that don't have the big hole in?

12. NAPA121

All welded on plus it's not my trailer so don't want to modify anything...Megawatt came up with an idea if i wanted to use the middle ramp that would involve making the hole smaller using strips of metal and a couple of clamps...This would mean it could be removed with no effects on the current trailer...

Like I said earlier, i think the best option is to just take two bikes......job done then...

13. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Gimme a shout if you have problems today mate and don't forget, I may be able to call in on Wednesday?

14. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

I think you've been spending to much time around Lost....:whistle:

lost likes this.
  15. Fergy

Fergy Secret prototype +

I did see somewhere a front wheel chock thing that may help? I have no idea where you are but if you are on my route home (Caterham to Hastings) I could drop in and give you a hand :) A couple of kegs of beer on the other side would sort the weight issue :D

BlackHornet likes this.
  16. lost

lost Samsung leaflet fetishist +

so did you go?

17. megawatt

18. NAPA121

How much will the clamp idea cost Al?

Don't really wont to spend a load of money on a trailer i have borrowed for one trackday.

19. NAPA121

Yes I did and was Greeeeaaaaaat

Loved it...Got lucky with the weather too :)

Can't wait for Snets now...

lost and JimG like this.
  20. megawatt

You have PM mate.;)