1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Bolt made of cheese

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by Russell, May 31, 2013.

1. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

Was trying to put some bar ends onto the Street Triple, the first bolt came out no problem but the second was made of cheese and I immediately rounded it. Any easy ways to get the bolt out?

2. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

No easy ways russ, just start with a small drill and get bigger until it will come out. I use cobalt drills to drill bolts out.

3. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

those small screws, if i recall screw into another threaded stud, they are a nite mare to get out as locked in with glue, an Allen bolt? Russ, so not easy to drill

4. LATE

LATE Street Fighter +

I'm guessing its an allen bolt?

hammer a tight fitting torx socket in there, works a treat ;)

Sporty1200, alexs, deano81 and 2 others like this.
  5. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Or do what I did when 1 of mine rounded off. Start to drill it, get the bit wedged & back the drill out & hopefully the bolt will come with it. Worked for me but getting the bit stuck was more (bad) luck than judgement :)

6. lost

lost Samsung leaflet fetishist +

unupadur.jpg this is how the daytona one can be removed may be the same on yours