1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Can another race circuit be financially viable?

Discussion in 'SECB Track Days' started by JimG, Jul 11, 2013.

1. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

2. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

hmmmm...there are also rumblings about bringing Thruxton online for Bike Track Days...

3. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Don't know about finances but will be great to have a new track. Well....eventually, when it ever gets built!

4. r1jay

r1jay Race Rep +

i read this article earlier. it looks like it is gonna get built as long as the goverment dont put a stop to it. (i suppose it will depend how much one of them will get for saying yes)

5. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

6. _Yappa_

_Yappa_ Official SECB representative down under. +

Jealous!!! :unsure:

7. ramrider

ramrider Race Rep +

i would have to say no, we have some great tracks with so much history, i would like to see the money spent to keep these in the 21 century, i would hate to lose brands hatch cause no event was held there because of competition

8. GixxerGilly

GixxerGilly Moderator +

I have a feeling Thruxton will dropped from the BSB calendar and the Wales one will get a Bsb round

9. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

I think there is a market and room for more smaller tracks, scattered around the country, and change the way we teach, and learn to drive, make a generation of new learner drivers have to leanr to drive on a track at say 16 onwards and pass control tests before allowed to learn on the road, this in time will generate racing drivers and people willing to do more track days for cars and bikes

lost, Roadwart and Panel Man like this.
  10. r1jay

r1jay Race Rep +

ones of the things with this location though is that it would lead to much neeed jobs in that area. im not sure that somewhere like Brands would need to worry about competition from a new track. its the most popular track in the south and there are many events held there each year. i am hoping that WSB will one day come back to it too :sneaky: