1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Can't keep us down.

Discussion in 'On the Road!' started by Patyogi, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Patyogi

Patyogi Street Fighter +

Had to abort Germany, and plenty of sorting to do the next couple of weeks.
    So to give us something to look forward too, we have booked a gaff in Northern Spain. Biking across France and down into Biarritz and across Santander to Potes in the Picos.
    Cheepo place in the National park for £280 a week.

Won't do the ferries the bastids want too much dosh, anyone interested in joining us?:bump:

Moderate riding, no more than 200 miles a day. Until we get there, then chill.....

2. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Will join you once I get some cash from a bank robbery mate.:(

3. Patyogi

Patyogi Street Fighter +

Hi Peeps from deepest darkest France. Her indoors decided we will use the cage to travel down to Spain. Thanks f*** she did it's been p*ssing down from the moment we left the ferry yesterday am. Now arrived in Angouleme about 450 mls down the N10 as we arrived the sun came out. Her said, shame we ain't got the Bike!!! Good job I would get done for clipping her round the ear.
    Hotels great mod. prices about 45 quid a nite. It's the nosh that costs the money, really missing our camper van. Down too Biarittz tomorrow, at Jean le Luz, then into Spain Thursday.
    Great roads but only spotted 2 Brit Bikers.

lammyR6 and _Yappa_ like this.
  4. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Glad yer havin a good time pal. Got any piccies???

5. Tusky

Tusky Off Roader +

Just got back from the Picos today, after an awesome couple of weeks in Cantabria..... Where are you staying?...... Food is about half the price of France and wine in the supermarkets for circa 1€ a bottle and spirits at 4€ a bottle.... I kid you not! came back with 250€ unspent..... If you want any hot tips, give us a shout ;)

lammyR6 likes this.
  6. ninjabob

ninjabob Street Fighter +

France is getting very expensive in comparison to Germany and as you say Spain.

7. Tusky

Tusky Off Roader +

France is just a joke.... Especially regarding food and drink.... The French attitude to recession is work less and stick the prices up. In northern Spain the attitude is that they just refuse to pay prices that are excessive, mainly because there just is not the money around..... Even in Potes, which I would have expected to be expensive, I only paid 4 Euros for 2no hot chocolates and 4no 'mini cakes' in France you would pay the same for just one cappuccino or hot chocolate. Italian prices seen to be becoming more reasonable as well..... Even Switzerland seems to be cheaper than France these day.... Grrrrr

8. ninjabob

ninjabob Street Fighter +

Our May trip to the Eifel beer was half the price of what it had been in France in April.

9. JimBo

JimBo World Superbike +

What a great couple of trips they were though. Didn't begrudge a penny I spent, well worth it.
    Just don't mention cappuccino! :D

10. Tusky

Tusky Off Roader +

Cappucciono? 1€ in Italy and Spain last time I bought them ;)

11. NAPA121

NAPA121 Secret prototype +

It was 1 ITL the last time you bought a round Tusky :p

Tusky likes this.
  12. Tusky

Tusky Off Roader +

You must be confusing me with Tango :)

13. Patyogi

Patyogi Street Fighter +

Yeah I believe you are right., although we have hit all the big cities, Chartres (always rip-off) Angouleme, Bayonne. As we passed into Irun fuel was cheaper, hotels, beer, food, were are staying Castro de Cordailes and it's beautiful plus cheep. Fish is amazing, mind you they are nicking our qoutas.
    Moving on to Potes in the picos, tomorrow, just looked up single fare from bilbao to Portsmouth 440 Quid, having a kin laugh are'nt they?
    Will only cost 220 with hotels and nosh coming back.

14. JimBo

JimBo World Superbike +

If you meant "Castro Urdiales " I agree, it's lovely (the clue is in the name).
    We didn't see one foreigner while we were there, all Spanish.
    And, as you say, cheap. I love Northern Spain :cool:

15. Tusky

Tusky Off Roader +

Two up on the GS was only £450.00 return, so for me it was a no brainer to use the ferry + cabin as it meant we turned up feeling fresh and saved me sticking an additional 1500 miles on the bike. Enjoy Potes and make sure you get on the passes.... They are deserted in September !!!