1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Moto Gp Bike Changes

Discussion in 'Racing related' started by JimG, Oct 19, 2013.

1. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

Moto GP have introduced a mandatory bike change mid race for Phillip Island. They have to do at least 12 laps on the first bike, and at least 12 on the second, meaning all changes have to be done between laps 12 and 14 of the 26 lap race. Now that's going to be interesting!

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2013/race+direction+decision+for+phillip+island+race

I wonder if they'll line all the spare bikes up together, and first in gets to choose the one he wants? :D

2. Miky_G

Miky_G World Superbike +

Could be interesting ... what is interesting is Bridgestone claiming that they can't guarantee rider safety after 14 laps ... whose tyres work better, earlier ... hmmmm :)

3. NAPA121

NAPA121 Secret prototype +

Sounds ok as it's the same for everyone but what I don't understand is what's changed?

Bridgetsone have not stated this before (or have they?) and MotoGp bikes have run the whole race on one set of tyres so seems strange why Bridgestone are suddenly stating this???

4. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

I think the circuit has been resurfaced and is abrasive. But then most Aussies are! :p

5. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

ah crap. being track day heros love to copy the GP stars it means everyones going to have to buy two bikes as well as sticking your leg out on a corner.

lammyR6 likes this.
  6. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Talking of Philip Island:

Henry the seagull says "Sh** that bike is coming my . . . . .. . ." just before he put in the fastest lap by a seagull at Phillip Island 1m 28.5s
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  7. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

8. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

Its a good thing that it was only 10 Laps...look at Marquez's rear tyre after Lap 11....

Screen Shot 2013-10-24 at 16.48.31.jpg

9. Miky_G

Miky_G World Superbike +

Fook !