1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Acf-50

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by pedrocbf, Jan 17, 2014.

1. pedrocbf

pedrocbf Commuter 500 +

Ok stupid pedro time again, when applying acf 50 where and how much and basically im a bit of a spanner (see what i did there ;) ) when it comes to this stuff ... is there places not to apply it and what do i need to do to the affected (rusty) areas before application ?

( bet u regret me signing up now eh ;) )

2. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

it's a fair question. I've no idea but I would think a thin coat would be fine.

3. Garya

Garya World Superbike +

as far as I know you spray it all over
    google could be more helpfull

4. rbl10

rbl10 125 +

I tend to spray it into an "aerosol lid" then apply with a brush to the motor etc but reckon Gary is spot on mate, should be able to simply spray it liberally wherever needed.

gixerpaulk5 likes this.
  5. pedrocbf

pedrocbf Commuter 500 +

Ok cheers guys ... I'm new to all this lookingafter my bike thing last year's winter took its toll on my Lil honda but she'sback from honda 2moro all shiney and new :)

rbl10 likes this.
  6. rbl10

rbl10 125 +

Big or small they all need taking care of mate.

pedrocbf likes this.
  7. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

Places not to spray it would be your brake pads and discs surely...I just spray it on and then use a rag to spread it round a bit.

Roadwart and pedrocbf like this.
  8. rbl10

rbl10 125 +

Should'nt affect pads or discs, I coat everything for winter and have never had any problems.

9. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Spraying it on is a waste of money! Spray it onto a rag and smear it over everything. Obviously don't coat discs and pads on purpose , but there are such things as brake cleaner , so don't panic.

rbl10 likes this.
  10. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

I wud buy the liquid form n pumpy spray thing, opposes to the aerosol. I find u waste less.

I spray on to a cloth n wipe the areas I can get to, and spray into areas I can't. Also when spraying, if the bottle / aerosol (whatever u chose) is warmer, the acf50 is less viscous n sprays / covers better. Ie house temp wud be good opposed to shed temperature.

11. Zack

Zack Learner

12. pedrocbf

pedrocbf Commuter 500 +

I saw the halo guys that looks like a wicked idea ... perhaps next Winter I'm gonna replace all the rusted parts in summer and then treat my old girl to a coating :)