1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Fuel Injection Issues

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by Gary, May 5, 2014.

1. Gary

Gary Learner

:)I was hoping someone out there could help me find a sh@@ hot mechanic who is good with fuel injection systems!
    I have a GSX 1400 K6 with problem that I cannot fix. any help would be great as I tried the agent in Canterbury last year and they couldn’t sort it…but charged handsomely for their effort.

2. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

there a are a few people on here that know there stuff but they will need to know the symptoms first so whats up with it ?

not that it is me that knows I just duct tape things back together :D

3. Gary

Gary Learner

:)Cheers BlackHornet well here goes;

The bike starts and runs fine, I can rev it whilst stationary no problem.
    When I decelerate from speed normally for a junction, roundabout or bend and then increase the power again there is a hesitation and then the bike “lurches” not very nice when you are at 30 degrees angle in a corner…..
    The issues doesn’t stop there either, when I am traveling at slow speed say-20-40mph the engine has a tendency to cut in and out, giving the appearance of a learner driver setting off……..
    I have re-set the tickover and also checked and adjusted the resistance of both TP and STP sensors, this has helped a bit but it’s still got a mind of its own.
    The issue I have now is it is far to in-depth for me, I can do most jobs on the machine but this is beyond me…….I need help please……

4. BlackHornet

is it only once it gets hot this happens or even when cold ?

5. DAVE B

DAVE B British Superbike +

I don't know where abouts you are mate. But try this place his name is lee he has done loads for me and sorted alot of problems for me. And half the price of a main dealer :)

.https://m.facebook.com/MotoWorksLtd

6. fzr-paul

fzr-paul Race Rep +

Another vote for Lee at MotoWorks. Really knows his stuff and is the only bloke I will let touch my bikes.

DAVE B likes this.
  7. Gary

Gary Learner

Thanks a lot, I will get in touch and see what he can do

cheers

DAVE B likes this.
  8. Carnage

Carnage Race Rep +

gary as a past owner of a gsx 1400 and having had issues before id take a peek at the fuel pump in the tank, check all the seals and replace, mine also had a habit of dissassembling itself by spitting off its high pressure relief valve, a good site for the 14 and a good knowledge database is www.gsx1400.org

Stars and Stripes likes this.
  9. Gary

Gary Learner

Thanks for that Carnage,
    I have checked all fuel and fuel lines from tank internals to injectors but I will check out the high pressure valve just in case!
    I have also been on the GSX.org site and looking around for answers.
    one or two have mentioned "balancing of all four intakes", unfortunately this is something I am not confident in doing.
    but once again I am greatful for your help. Just to let you know, I have sent an email to Moto Works asking for advise
    cheers.

10. Carnage

Carnage Race Rep +

A bloody good place for fuel injection set up and analysis is HM racing at Edenbridge.

Ducky, Les and lammyR6 like this.
  11. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

I agree. They sorted out the running issues on my R6 :)

12. Gary

Gary Learner

Hell fire....I have only been on this forum for about a week and already you are climbing over one another with tips of where to go.
    I cannot thank you all enough! We must meet up at some point and the first drinks are on me…..
    I was hoping to get to your meet near Paddock Wood tonight but other things took control of that idea!!!, never mind I am sure there will be more chances
    Thanks again chaps I really do appreciate it, only been down here about 2 years as you can tell from my accent …. (ha ha)
    I’m from up North and don’t know many down here.
    Cheers

lost, Ducky, Panel Man and 3 others like this.
  13. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

We are a helpful bunch Gary. Its all part of being bikers my friend. :)

14. BlackHornet

and once we have lured you in we attack :devil::devil::devil::devil::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

Ducky likes this.
  15. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

I've used HM before, and more recently Bob Farnham by the Oakdean, both highly recommended. :)

16. Gary

Gary Learner

Well folks I certainly have plenty to go on now……….once again thanks very much
    I will let you know how I get on.
    Was hoping to get it looked at this weekend, but not sure if weather will be fit enough.
    Me and bike don’t go out in’t wet…….have a car for that!!!:rofl:

lost likes this.
  17. Les

Les British Superbike +

Nobody here will argue about that, none of us like to get wet.

Carnage likes this.
  18. Carnage

Carnage Race Rep +

thats a bit sexist Les , im sure some of our female members will have something to say about that.............TAXI!!!

phil read and Les like this.
  19. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter