1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Tyres

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by Darkzy, Aug 12, 2014.

1. deano81

deano81 Secret prototype +

I never said that :p .. it needs a few things sorted first , then it will prob be enjoyable to ride ;)

2. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

I Put PR 4's on my MS, seem pretty dam good, not sure how they will wear compared to PR 3s I had on my K1300R, but that said I sold K1300R after the Pr3s had done 7k miles with still wear left, and the original K1300R tyres did 2.2k and were dam right dangerous by then.

Horses for Courses, Tom Loves his maxixs, good tyre for price for sure, not sure they are many really bad tyres out there now days, just the wear varies, and of course if you pick a more summer over an all year one, so you save £80-00 but tyres only last half the life :)

When you are next out, look around how many bikes have 3's and 4's even my Ducati dealer, stocks and recommends them once the oem has worn out.

3. Darkzy

Darkzy Race Rep +

I'm sure they are brilliant tyres, But as dean said i don't need buckets of grip. and i saved £80 haha

mainly because i was on a tight budget, maybe the next replacement will be the PR's

4. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

they grip well enough for me to use on track :thumbsup:
    good on the road in the wet and cheap

i'd like to try a few other brands but price does play a big part of it with me. As Brett ( madproff) said most modern tyres will be good and we all get used to some and then thats it they become our preferred tyre.

phil read and deano81 like this.
  5. Darkzy

Darkzy Race Rep +

Well I'm not going to lie I was sceptical, and when I first got them on they felt weird (previous tyres were squared off).

But wow, they want to turn, and the only time they've misbehaved and slipped out was with about 3 miles on them.

Went from pilot road (1) to these. Would buy again

BlackHornet likes this.