1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Afghan Heroes/Ride of Respect

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by megawatt, Aug 16, 2011.

1. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

2. Hanna

Hanna Street Fighter +

You have to log in/register to read it...

3. megawatt

Oh dear!, www.rideofrespect.co.uk/, click on financials, doesn't include income or costs from Wooton Basset.
    Basically their last years accounts indicate that just over 25% of the money raised by bikers actually went to the troops!!! That's out of nearly £35,000 raised , £9250 went to the troops???

4. Hanna

Hanna Street Fighter +

Holy crap! That's very surprising... I'd be interested in seeing a break down of the 'costs' that total £16.6k.

5. megawatt

I support the troops any way I can, but I ain't giving money to pay £2600 for a bleedin website!!!

6. Les

Les British Superbike +

Makes you sceptical of any charity doesn't it. Combat Stress is thought to be one of the best amongst serving/ex servicemen in IMO & you won't see them begging.

7. Hanna

Hanna Street Fighter +

What I find very curious is how £10k is broken down and shown how it was spent but a further £16.6k isn't... doesn't make sense and just makes me want to know what it was spent on even more.

I expect a lot of the website costs were due to bandwidth due to the popularity of the site, but I wouldn't want to speculate more than that. To be honest I'm less interested in that than I am the £16.6k... still interested but not quite so much.

8. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

most charities I give to personally, I always ask out of the £1, what are your total admin costs. I think Unicef are one of the best and they I think come in around 15%
    Even the likes of Redcross are quite high...I can't think of the figures but I was shocked when I looked at it.

I find charities like Doctors without Borders (Medicins sans Frontieres) have lower costs and they actually get in and do stuff alot quicker.

Another Charity I stopped giving to is the RSPCA...I think their CEO gets a 6 figure salary ...?!!

And they wonder why people are so sceptical sometimes....it because they have a right to be.