1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

handling problem

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by helrazzer, Aug 16, 2011.

1. helrazzer

helrazzer Learner

last week i went for a ride with megawatt and had trouble keeping with him(( thought it was the fact i lost my bottle after accident. sunday went on rideout had same problem(( got home noticed my front tire it looked a bit ragged as i had not ridden that fast it bothered me so changed tyre and its like riding a dif bike)))

2. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

glad it was a simple fix :thumbsup:

3. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

yup...although mine is fine at speed, at lower velocities I have to use more effort to keep the bike tracking...but my front cross-section looks like a trapezium (for the life of me can't even think how it got to be so evenly worn in that geo-metric shape). Rear is ok. 4500miles on the Metz's M3's. Was thinking about putting some M5's on.

4. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

Also simple stuff like tyre pressures is always worth a check when then handling feels suspect, i notice this in my car more as i tend to leave it longer without checking.. :thumbsup:

Dhan Rollioni likes this.
  5. Steve B

Steve B Street Fighter +

I check my pressures before every ride. Even 1 or 2 psi can make a difference. And i agree a new front boot can make your bike feel brand new.:)

6. helrazzer

helrazzer Learner

i agree about tyre pressures i do check often and was first thing i checked but no joy(( but sorted now and happy camper:disco:

7. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Glad you found a use for that 16" BT014 mate. Now I need a 190 or 180 rear?

8. helrazzer

helrazzer Learner

have a 17" front but no spare rear (((

9. helrazzer

helrazzer Learner

i do have some good carbs but dont help handling lol (private joke for mega )

10. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Are you bringing em with ya???????

11. GuzziRob

GuzziRob Race Rep +

I have had similar wear on tyres in recent years and have assumed(IMHO) its the due to the the changes to "multi compound rubbers" and the edges are were the compound changes

12. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

Doesn't the front tyres wear like that because when you turn a corner, you steer the front wheel to change direction, and so the sides of the tyre have additional forces acting in different directions (than just straight ahead), and these wear out the tyre giving it the odd cross-section? :)

13. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

I dont think it was just the tyre....Megawatt only knows two speeds on his bike: Off and Fucking Fast

14. Blade rr6

Blade rr6 World Superbike +

100% :thumbsup: I do my pressures before every ride:)