1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

£40,000 Fine For Speeding

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by BlackHornet, Mar 5, 2015.

1. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

2. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

Think I would sack myself every time before I went out

BlackHornet likes this.
  3. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Now this is definitely a tax on the rich! It shouldn`t matter how much the guy earned the previous year, he should have been fined the same as a guy earning next to nothing for the same offence.

4. Eagle

Eagle Custom cruiser +

This is a good one, it should not matter what you ride/drive one offence and one punishment. Speeding, dangerous driving or bad parking it should not matter. But what is true a £60 fine to a kid on minimum wage is going to hurt, to a millionaire this is pocket change, so will it really have the same effect. I am sure if I my wages came in at £4.72m I would not care about £60, but on my wages it would need to be about 50p for me to just say hey ho must slow down for those damn speed cameras.

5. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

if my wage came in at £4.72 million i would have been riding a lot faster :D

Beelady and Eagle like this.
  6. lisa lou

lisa lou Race Rep +

Ummm, whilst I agree everyone should be treated the same.....
    Sometimes it's different, if I was hit with.a £60 fine it would sting, however it would would not mean thing to someone earning mega bucks, therefore I do think that you have to hit then where it hurts to stop them doing it again?
    Ok.... Well at least try to stop them lol