1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

[Sep 11, 2011] ESSEX AIR AMBULANCE RUN (Ford Dunton, near Basildon)

Discussion in 'Biker events' started by Jim, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Jim

Jim Race Rep +

Lol, looks like I'm on my own! Anyone?

2. Jim

Jim Race Rep +

Where's that thing gone that was at the top of the thread detailing people who had replied to say they were going?

3. Jim

Jim Race Rep +

Lol, julie has droped out as well! So will assume I'm heading up there on my own and wont stop at Nell's if no-one replies to this thread. :cry:

4. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Sorry Jim, I lost ALL the events in the attempted upgrade. :stomp:

We are not going to make it either I`m afraid. :( Sue`s having a double hand op on Monday & there`s just too much we`ve got to get done tomorrow to be able to come. Rest assured, I`ll be buying you another breakfast for you having to do the recce on your own.

5. ramrider

ramrider Race Rep +

i sighned and paid for me and the wife, now she says the bike is to uncomfotable, and is giving me hard time if i go

6. Jim

Jim Race Rep +

Well the lack of attendees from SEC at least means I can change the time frame a bit, looking out the window this morning it's shitty out there ao I shall put off my departure for an hour or two and head straight up to the Essex Fire and Rescue Fire Bike boys and spend the day with them on their road safety stand at Harwich. Shall bring back a photo or two so you can all see what a great day you missed out on!:sneaky::D

7. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

sorry i never made it, didn't leave the wedding till about 9 am and didn't get sober till much later. so my second weekend off the bike :cry:

8. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

sorry mate, I was on the Gower Peninsula. For once, Wales had the best weather of the entire UK!

9. Jim

Jim Race Rep +

No worries peeps that's just how it works out some days! I actually had a very good day in the end, met up with the lads from the Essex Fire Bike Team and rode from Dunton to Harwich on 'their' route rather than the official one, three highly visible bikers on a GSXR 750, BLADE and DUKE 1098 tearing up the Essex back roads, great fun. Met lots of great people on the stand so a good day! I would recomend this run, the pre run entertainment and facilities were excellent, Ford' let us into their big office buildings for the loo's, there were stunt bikes and cars and plenty of refreshment stands. Then at the other end a great little stage set up for bands etc and some good stands and it was all very well organised.
    Check out the Kent Fire Bike Face book page for pics and stuff.

ramrider likes this.