1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

[Aug 21, 2011] Sunday 21st Aug (TBA)

Discussion in 'General Rideouts' started by JimG, Aug 18, 2011.

1. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

I may meet you in Rye too if you have a vague idea about when you might get there. Can't get out first thing in the morning.

SteveeP likes this.
  2. Micky

Micky Commuter 500 +

I'm interested in a little tag along all depending on arrival in rye and the weather also depends how long I'm allowed to come out and play :)

3. MonsterBass

MonsterBass Learner

I'm up for it. Oakdene at 9.

4. SteveeP

SteveeP Sport Tourer +

If I come out to play...think I will head to Rye and meet peeps there. 9am at Oakdene would be impossible for me.

5. Micky

Micky Commuter 500 +

Which oakdene are we talking about google maps showing a few alternatives ?

6. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

At M26 junction north of Maidstone mate.

7. Micky

Micky Commuter 500 +

Ah I see is it a cafe kind of meeting place? Bit of a trek for me to get there for 9 but like I said I can join in on route.

8. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

I'm going to Shoreham to sit in a cafe/pub/beach/sea for an hour to watch the planes going in and out of the Shoreham airshow. No - I'm not a plane spotter, it's just an excuse to go somewhere. Will probably go Tunbridge Wells to the Chalet Cafe Cowfold via A264/B2110. Then on to Shoreham.

Leave TW 10:00am .........ish

If anyone is interested reply here.

9. DAVE B

DAVE B British Superbike +

Me and Lisa are going to be at rye for about 10.30,so hopefully meet you all there

10. Fergy

Fergy Secret prototype +

I love the sound of this but alas may only have an hour two spare in the morning, so may have to get out early and back early!

11. helrazzer

helrazzer Learner

yes what time as it will take me a while to get there from here? and a contact number would be great))

12. Fergy

Fergy Secret prototype +

Have a good day at shoreham guys, shame about the red arrows, RIP fella, going for a short ride to rye in a bit

13. Hanna

Hanna Street Fighter +

Sorry I didn't make it today - overslept somewhat.

14. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

Excellent ride to Shoreham, good roads, and good weather. Watched a few planes, then back to the Chalet Cafe for lunch. Exactly why they close at 1:00pm (luckily I had got my lunch), when they are still taking orders faster than they can cook them, I don't know. Obviously a cafe that closes for lunch!

15. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

Didn't make the ride (in THAT slow :p) my buddy took a wrong turn and wandered off down the m20 then got lost for an hour. Still, Hung out at oakdene, spoke to the camera crew and enjoyed the sun. Now to wash the bike.

16. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

Down the M20? You could have gone to Maidstone! :eek:

17. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

I didn't go down the M20, he did! :p Don't say that word!

18. Black Busa

Black Busa Guest

you were not wrong there Rob:hah: slowest ride ever but bloody good fun.

shame about your speeding ticket though:phead:

19. Micky

Micky Commuter 500 +

What time did you guys get to rye? I got there just gone 10:30 met a few sec bikers (nice to meet you guys) had coffee and loitered for a little but missed the group.

20. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

a speeding ticket on the slowest ride ever :hah: thats some achievement