1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Base Layers For Hands

Discussion in 'Clothing' started by Russell, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

I have base layers for my body and legs, the type from Lidl/Aldi and they work very well. Does anyone know if you can you get something similar but for your hands that will which moisture away during hot weather, I already have silk glove liners for the winter.

2. NAPA121

NAPA121 Secret prototype +

I use cotton gloves from any pharmacy...Helps to keep the chill off in winter and stop heat rash in the summer (which is the main reason I wear them) + cheap as chips.

3. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

Heat rash is what I am looking to prevent, cheers

4. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

I find the silk gloves work well in the summer. Mind you, my vented bike gloves allow my hands to stay pretty cool.

5. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

Never had a problem before as I also user vented gloves but on the way back to Calais the temperature went up above 30 and we were in somewhat of a rush so weren't stopping as often as previously and this gave me heat rash

6. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

:(

7. Carl Berg

Carl Berg Sport Tourer +

Last year while riding down through France it got far too hot to wear the normal sport bike gloves. So I switched to my dirt bike gloves that are shorter than the sport bike ones & these kept my hands much cooler.

But i'm a great believer in the silk inner gloves, especially when it gets chilly :brr: