1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

SECBikers Swiss Alps Trip 2011

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by Sporty1200, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

Please use this thread to post any Photos, Vids, Links and members comments relating to the Furkapass Swiss expedition. Below is a link to my utube channel where i am uploading. More to come...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Sporty1200UK

:disco:

Yoda and Tusky like this.
  2. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

3. Tusky

Tusky Off Roader +

So as there seem to be very little furkin activity on the KSB site, how did Gazza1 get on on his extended holiday and what did he make of the Lauterbrunnen Valley on his tod without a bike :sleep: ? :poop: ? or :thumbsup:

4. Sporty1200

5. J'05'H

J'05'H Sport Tourer +

I'm going to break my Swiss cherry and go over for the first time on the 14th of August, using the same route Kevin took:rubhands:. Just deciding whether to camp or break the bank on hotels:unsure:. If I camp I need someone to show me how to strap a tent and sleeping bags to the bike for 2up riding.:confused:

Should start a new thread I suppose:rolleyes:

6. Yoda

Yoda Sport Tourer + Site Supporter

Mate Sure Kev will help you With your Vinette , hotels , routes etc etc Etc - he may even sell his mate

Sporty1200 likes this.
  7. J'05'H

J'05'H Sport Tourer +

Kev ! I swear you had a near miss at "3:28"?? :eek:

8. Tusky

Tusky Off Roader +

and the winner of worst exit out of a tunnel is....... :rofl:

*hides* ;)

Re camping..... www.camping-jungfrau.ch is very good but the close proximity of the Eiger, Monch and Jangfrau does mean that night night times can be very very chilly.....

9. Sporty1200

I considered editing it out but Its a warts n all vid, my positioning in some places is rubish too, i felt a tendancy to stay away from the barrier and sheer drop so erred towards the middle at times. So ive learnt that something to bear in mind and remember is that it takes a second for your eyes to adjust out of the tunnel, eeeek, thats my excuse for getting a tad near the coach, :eek: :poop: :whistle:

J'05'H and Tusky like this.
  10. J'05'H

J'05'H Sport Tourer +

Cheers mate, Ive already found that on the f800 forum. Hotel wise, im looking at Hotel Kurhaus Fluhli, Hotel Oberland and Hotel Crystal all in close vicinity of Lauterbrunen

11. Sporty1200

Think i should add in case any instructors watch this,, my intention was to create a ''what not to do'' vid... :whistle:

12. Tusky

Tusky Off Roader +

Not exactly a hotel but www.valleyhostel.ch is worth a punt if you want to save money ;)

J'05'H likes this.
  13. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

I would second the comment about it taking a second for your eyes to adjust, but would add that this is the case both going into and out of the tunnels, some of them had very tight bends very shortly after you had entered them...I watch some of my videos back and wonder wtf I was doing at the time with regards to positioning etc. but at the end of the day I have never claimed to be perfect, same as Kev has never claimed it and this trip was certainly a learning experience.

Myself and Micky stayed at the valleyhostel, all depends if you can put up with sharing the facilities...I would use a proper hotel next time just so I could have somewhere to put my clothes.

14. Tusky

Tusky Off Roader +

Absolutely right on how deceptive the tunnels can be.... on a trip a couple of years ago, we had two fellow riders who on separate occasions, nearly wipe out at the same point on one of the tunnels on the West side of the Susten Pass.

You are probably are aware of the tunnel, as it is a bit of a sweeper and has a opening allowing sunlight in the middle.... they were heading downhill, set their lean angle for the left hand sweeper and both cocked up at the same spot and found themselves heading towards the rock face.... fortunately they both managed to tip in and make the bend, whether it was a trick on the eye caused by the light streaming in, I don't know but that was the assumption at the time.

I would also hold my hands up to a big moment on the 'flashing lights' tunnel with a 90 degree bend on the Grimsel Pass.... I met a post bus right on the bend and pretty well crapped myself there and then :)

Oh and for the tunnel fans.... Last year I did the San Boldo Tunnels in Italy and they are really interesting..... 8ft wide, wet and a hairpin in everyone :eek::poop:

[​IMG]

Russell likes this.
  15. Sporty1200

WoW.......................... :eek:................. These look real interesting..... My fave bends are the ones where u get clear vision of the whole corner but bet these take some negotiating.....

16. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

That's next years destination chosen...

17. J'05'H

J'05'H Sport Tourer +

Where is the location of the above pic?

18. J'05'H

J'05'H Sport Tourer +

Tried! Fully booked! :(

19. Tusky

Tusky Off Roader +

San Boldo Tunnel Map

20. Sporty1200

I assumed these were 1 way.... looks like there NOT!!!!!! are there lights?