1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Moderate Wsbk Magny Cours Thu 29th Sept - Mon 3rd Oct 2016

Discussion in 'General Rideouts' started by Vitesse45, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Vitesse45

Vitesse45 Street Fighter +

OK I know it's early but i like to plan ahead
    Me and the wife (Ali) are going to the WSBK in Magny Cours Sept/Oct, leaving (ViaTunnel) Thursday 29th 10:30am ish Train,riding down to Honfleur (no motorways) for the Thursday night staying at the Ibis Hotel
    Friday 30th ride down to Bourges, again staying off the motorways unless we need to make up some time, staying at the Brit Hotel Olympia for Fri/sat/sun night
    Sat/Sun to the race
    Details of hotels & trains
    Dep Folkstone 10:50am Train
    Hotel Ibis Honfluer Thu Night 29th Sept
    Fri 30th Brit Hotel Olympia 3 nights Fri/sat/sun
    Mon Dep Calais 16:50 Train arr back at 16:25pm

Monday, this is the crap day, all motorway back to calais for a 4pm ish train home
    So would anybody like to join us?
    ALL WELCOME
    Ray & Ali

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
    Pilbs and accessengineer like this.
  2. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Oooh, this is very, very tempting. I will put it on my calendar. However, it is too early in the year to commit definitely as I never know where I will be come September!

Vitesse45 likes this.
  3. Carl Berg

Carl Berg Sport Tourer +

The penultimate round of the WSB used to be held at Assen a few years ago & it used to be great fun going there, especially when the weather was really good. But it's not the same anymore now that the Assen round has been moved to earlier in the year.

Is the Magny Cours round that good? Has anybody been before? From what i've heard from when the Bol d'Dor was moved there from Paul Ricard, the circuit isn't all that good for spectators, but others probably have a better opinion of the place :shrug:

4. Vitesse45

Vitesse45 Street Fighter +

I have been for the last 10 years as this used to be the last round, I think this will be the last time as i'm not liking the new 2 day format for the WSBK, one race per day :mad:
    On the spectators point, I think it's really good as you can see most of the circuit from a few of the free stands :disco:
    Still a nice ride down and good atmosphere :)