1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Feb Monthly Meet 3/2/2016

Discussion in 'Biker events' started by Fergy, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Fergy

Fergy Secret prototype +

Is there one?

2. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

Yes there should be. I am hoping to slip out of work early enough to make it

3. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Yes there is Fergy.

I`ve adjusted the title to confirm :thumbsup:

4. Fergy

Fergy Secret prototype +

Thanks guys just didn't see any posts and thought it may have been cancelled for this month :)

5. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

No, its just me being tardy mate.

6. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

I will be going. Probably bring my sis along too as an honorary, non-biking, guest lol.

Roadwart, Panel Man and BlackHornet like this.
  7. lisa lou

lisa lou Race Rep +

Yep I'll be there for my tiger prawns

8. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Setting off now..... :bounce:

lisa lou likes this.
  9. Panel Man

Sounds like me at the moment :-(

10. Panel Man

The weather must be getting warmer: more lovely NORMAL people for me to talk to! (As opposed to the unmitigated, meretricious b@$£@rds with whom I speak for the rest of the time. (Well, except for the running lot, but they aren't on here). I am so relieved that the kitchen hadn't run out of Tiger Prawns, although you lucky folks who got in before me were served 6 whereas Tom and I had only 5 each. Five I tell you! Not fair... Still - the Betty Stoggs made up for it and the Tangy chicken was toothsome, if a little bland. At least the chef didn't throw a wobbly when I asked for a morsel of cheese atop my apple pie instead of custard (I've given up requesting custard with skin - people just have no taste these days, don't you think)?

Lovey to meet Leila's sister, Elaine (sp?). Gee, I thought Leila had a major dose of travel lust, but my goodness: it's a wonder her lovely sister can still speak such excellent English , the number of countries she has lived in! A well-travelled lass, indeed. Leila? You'll have to get her riding a motor bike - just, not as fast as you, please! I meant to ask Rosie what was written on the back of her very smart jacket, but half of it was upside down and I'd have got a crick in my neck trying to be discreet. Shrimpee tried to dazzle me with the lining of her karate jacket (and succeeded) and Roadie and Fergy made Tom and I seem under-dressed. Lisa Lou is always smart, but tried to kid us all by making up some story about having gone out wearing one black shoe and one blue one... Yeah, yeah, yeah. Like that could ever happen!

[runs for cover]

With so many of us now having been operated upon recently or carrying injuries from bike crashes, I would like to take this opportunity to declare how appreciative I am of my monthly hugs :hug: IMG_0655.jpg IMG_0656.jpg

An excellent evening, I have to say!

11. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Was great to see everyone. My sister enjoyed herself and said what a lovely bunch you all are (if only she knew....) Don't worry Richard, I feel Lisa and I may have been ever so slightly liberal with the truth when informing you of how many prawns we had each ;). All is well again with the world now I am sure :giggle:. Well, the world of tiger prawn consumption at least!

Panel Man, BlackHornet and Roadwart like this.
  12. Panel Man

I was thinking about the poor chef back there in the kitchen, shaking his head when the girl pops her head round the door and says. "Another three portions of Tiger Prawns, please" and he gets on the phone to order a truckload for the first week of March. He probably sells more TPs on the first Wednesday of each month than the whole of the remainder of the month.

lammyR6 likes this.
  13. lisa lou

lisa lou Race Rep +

Oh my goodness! Pictures! And I hate being caught with phone in hand, I mean how rude can you get..
    Even if I was only looking for and at groups shirts
    As for a our 6 king prawns... We were only wishing as they were really rather nice. Next time I think I'd like 2 portions
    Shoes?? I can't believe you've passed that on lol although it was black and brown
    That'll teach me to let my embarrassing secrets out lol
    Great evening with loads of banter though ....
    Thanks everyone that was there[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2016
    Panel Man, Roadwart and BlackHornet like this.
  14. Carl Berg

Carl Berg Sport Tourer +

There must be something about the Tiger Prawns that the rest of us have yet to experience as there's so much talk about them.

If the pub does get an extra delivery for March then just maybe i'll get away from work early enough to get 5 (or 6) :tup::eat:

15. lisa lou

lisa lou Race Rep +

You could just scare Richard and arrive early to have 2 rounds of tiger prawns as main dish like me lol

16. Panel Man

Don't even think about that, Carl. No way, Hosay. Capiche?

lisa lou likes this.
  17. Tony

Tony Moderator Staff Member Moderator +

I think we need a new section called 'Tiger'....and I don't mean the Triumph type :otop::lol2:

Panel Man likes this.
  18. Panel Man

I concur. Perhaps Brother Roadie might grant us a Tiger Prawn forum!

19. Carl Berg

Carl Berg Sport Tourer +

"Don't even think about that, Carl. No way, Hosay. Capiche?"

Sorry old bean. I don't understand your banter :shrug:

20. Panel Man

No understanding necessary, mon ami. Just don't eat all the Tiger Prawns before I get there. The penalty for infractions or non-compliance is too horrible to write on a public forum. ;)

phil read likes this.