1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Monthly Meet Weds 6/4/16

Discussion in 'Biker events' started by Roadwart, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

As usual, the monthly meet will be at the Oak & Ivy.

The Oak & Ivy,
    Rye Road,
    Hawkhurst,
    Kent.
    TN18 5DB

Hopefully see you there

BlackHornet likes this.
  2. MrGreen

MrGreen Moderator Staff Member Moderator +

One of these days I'll make it to one

3. Rosie

Rosie Sport Tourer +

Working late, sorry, I'll miss the crack.

RedRock likes this.
  4. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

Can't make it this month

5. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

I have withdrawal symptoms. I'll be there!

6. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

I hope to make it but won't know for sure until i finish work tomorrow.

Panel Man likes this.
  7. Stars and Stripes

Stars and Stripes Secret prototype + Site Supporter

I will be along :thumbsup: so I can eat all the tiger prawns :ner:

8. lisa lou

lisa lou Race Rep +

I'll be there, although last time I got the short straw on the tiger prawns and only got 4 ! 4 can you believe it ? Felt very hard done by I can tell you !

Panel Man likes this.
  9. lisa lou

lisa lou Race Rep +

How's your ankle now Rosie?

10. Roadwart

I`ve got to go to Portslade directly after work tomorrow to collect my bike so by the time I`ve been home, showered & changed from work it`ll be closer to half 7 when we get there.

11. Garya

Garya World Superbike +

we should be there
    i bought a big box of tempura prawns from bookers :ner:

Roadwart, lisa lou, Panel Man and 2 others like this.
  12. Panel Man

oGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

13. Panel Man

We'll have to point this out. When Portion Control exerts his influence we punters do feel hard done by.

lisa lou likes this.
  14. lisa lou

lisa lou Race Rep +

Well I won't be buying them if I'm only going to get 4 that's for sure lol

15. lisa lou

lisa lou Race Rep +

:ner:

16. Carl Berg

Carl Berg Sport Tourer +

Have a nice evening everyone who's going. I know I won't be down as i've got to pick up a box of new spares for the FJ from a friend & I just know that we'll get chatting about bikes & adventures until well after 11pm :thumbsup:

17. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

I hope to be there but not 100% sure yet.

18. Roadwart

I won`t be there tonight. Only just got in from Brighton & by the time I`ve showered etc it won`t be worth going. Have a good one & you can share the prawns I would have had between you :D

BlackHornet likes this.
  19. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

Well Tonight was interesting turns out the pub has been sold and the new owners turn up this weekend.
    That meant hardly any food. No prawns only one burger
    Twice as many drink drivers and more drug dealing

Will have to see if the new owners change things or even close to refurb the place

20. Panel Man

Woe is me! The nasty rumour that Tiger Prawns were absent from the menu proved to be true. There was worse news to come: the last burger had just been sold by the time I rolled up around 7pm. I hope you enjoyed it, Tom. :cry2: The Betty Stoggs made me happier, though; I tried to ignore the 'field mushroom with melted brie and rabbit food' (I was hungry) and looked forward to my fish and chips. Unfortunately, Portion Control had visited and had been in a bad mood. My piece of fish was nicely cooked but would have been thrown back into the sea had I caught it as being below minimum legal size. Still, there was Sticky Toffee Pudding to come together with half Leila's pudding :rubhands:. (I was lucky - she is in Britain just at the moment)!

Not a bad turn out of folks tonight - no Roadie or Shrimpee (as posted above) but the Wandering SECB representative MegaWatt has returned from Australia and New Zealand and has retained all his old charm and wit. :p It must be wonderful to be able to concentrate upon which van / bike to buy next and whether to proceed around the British Isles clockwise or anticlockwise..? Then Europe, then... Who knows? There were also some new folks, to whom we extend a very warm SECB greeting. This is so sincere that I can't remember anyone's name (it's me age, guv'nor) so would they all please post up here or in the Newbie section to introduce themselves electronically.:hug3:

Tonight's conversation varied between places to visit in Cuba (there was a real travel theme going); riding hints from new riders for other even newer riders (and is everything you see on You Tube true?), the pleasures of cruising and why I still haven't bought another bike. (Same old excuses - even I'm tired of them now).

It turns out that the pub is changing hands now, so, on the plus side, perhaps there will be Tiger Prawns next time. And maybe portions which are a teensie bit bigger? :pray:

Stars and Stripes and lisa lou like this.