1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Monthly Meet 4/5/16

Discussion in 'Biker events' started by Roadwart, May 2, 2016.

1. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

The monthly meet will be at the Oak & Ivy. Hopefully the food situation from last month has been rectified now the new owners have settled in.

The Oak & Ivy,
    Rye Road,
    Hawkhurst,
    Kent.
    TN18 5DB

2. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Do they know we're coming?? Lol

lisa lou likes this.
  3. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

they will :D about an hour after we turn up :thumbsup:

4. SuzuKeith

SuzuKeith World Superbike +

As I say wed eve not good day for me but this month particuly difficult as am back in Morocco. Much as I love you guys a bit of a trek for an evening lol

5. Roadwart

Enjoy your North African jaunt Keith!

As you`re not the only one who can`t make a weds, we are thinking of having the next monthly meet on a Thursday but at a different venue. If it goes well, we will alternate between days & venues so everyone gets a chance to attend.

Watch this space :)

alexs, lisa lou and lammyR6 like this.
  6. Roadwart

As an aside, I`m not sure I`ll be able to attend tomorrow. Completely forgot (until I got the reminder text this morning) I`m booked in the dentist for a root canal & an extraction. :(

7. BlackHornet

ouch :thumbsdown:

I am hoping to be there on the bike this time:D

8. lammyR6

Yep, planning to be there. On the bike for sure!

9. SuzuKeith

SuzuKeith World Superbike +

Off thread I know but having breakfast this morn in Spain heard these two almighty explosions then looked up realised a jet had just gone thru sound barrier never heard it before

lisa lou, Jon Weston and BlackHornet like this.
  10. dave kirkby

dave kirkby 125

Planning to be there looking forward to meeting up with you all ,what time do you normally get there!

11. BlackHornet

anytime from about 6.30
    I aim to get there just before 7

12. dave kirkby

dave kirkby 125

Thanks, just did not want to turn up like Billy's no mates!!

13. lammyR6

I should be there around 6.30ish. Actually have a relatively early finish tomorrow. Hooray!

lisa lou likes this.
  14. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

Think of it as extended analgesia :p

15. lisa lou

lisa lou Race Rep +

the lady that was in there told me she had informed the new owners ? ?
    so if they're shut when we get there we know why lol

16. lisa lou

lisa lou Race Rep +

looks like I'll be there by car f or a change as I've damaged my foot and bik e boots too painful,
    but I should be there

17. Panel Man

Excellent evening, boys and girls! Probably the first where (I at least) have been able to sit outside not swaddled in multi layers of padding. Not a bad turn out either: Lisa and Lammy; Tom; GaryA and Nicki, Jon W (hirsute as ever), Tiny (long time - no see, Wayne - looking... well - tiny); GixxerPaul - whom I've never met before. but great to meet you at last, Paul :) and welcome to Dave Kirkby.

Dave: you have to think up a nonsense site name. The risk you are running is that The Lord and High Master Moderator Roadwart may bestow upon you a name of great vileness such as to cause vomiting throughout the land where'eer it be uttered. So - thinking cap on! By the way: gorgeous bike! Just listening to it pull away caused knee-trembling among certain of the onlookers.

Stop Presses! The Tiger Prawns were absolutely cracking :sun1: [I looked for an eating icon featuring prawns, but no luck]. The burger wasn't at all bad and the lovely new owners very kindly served me a small piece of cheddar with my apple pie & custard. Heaven! I forgive the lady for trying to make out that Tiger Prawns were 'orf, luv'. If I find out which misbegotten individual put her up to that...:fume:

Thanks for coming tonight everyone - I now feel much more cheerful having had my monthly dose of normality. Happy Panel Man! :D

megawatt, lammyR6 and alexs like this.
  18. BlackHornet

Yes a good night with more bikes than cars for the first time since last summer.
    Great to see GixerPaul again :thumbsup:
    Nice to meet Dave
    and to see everyone else again. :thumbsup:

19. Roadwart

Glad you all had a good time & the new owners seem to be happy with us still turning up.

lisa lou likes this.
  20. Panel Man

They checked with me afterwards that we'd be there on the first Wednesday of next month too. Hope your mouth isn't too sore and Sue's ok..?