1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Headcorn 11 And 12 June

Discussion in 'Biker events' started by BlackHornet, May 3, 2016.

1. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

http://www.headcornevents.co.uk/event.php?eventid=23

Motorcycle rider group, British Motorcycle Federation(BMF), has joined forces with Aero Legends and WWII Headcorn Aerodrome to launch an exciting new weekend event, Merlins and Motorbikes.

Bike enthusiasts can expect an action packed experience at Merlins and Motorbikes, which is being held on Saturday 11 and Sunday 12 June 2016 at the Headcorn Aerodrome in Kent.

Those attending can expect to see bands and music, as well as more than 100 trade stalls which will sell everything from bike kit and helmets to clothing and sunglasses.

There will also be a bike jumble where visitors can pick up second hand parts, as well as a ‘best in show’ competition and several exhibitions available to experience.

Taking centre stage at "Merlins and Motorbikes" will be an aerial display from The Battle of Britain Memorial Flight (BBMF) in two Spitfires and the ‘Great British Bike Off’, a 1,200-metre drag race between a motorbike and the Aero Legends Spitfire TD314.

2. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Oooh, am liking the sound of that. About time the show came back to the South! :D

BlackHornet likes this.
  3. lisa lou

lisa lou Race Rep +

ooooo , I'm liking that as well, and as a bonus it's my birthday so will have some spending money :rubhands:

megawatt likes this.
  4. lammyR6

5. lammyR6

lisa lou likes this.
  6. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

Who's going?

7. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

I'll be there, when someone nominates a meeting point.

8. BlackHornet

I will head over after work all being well

megawatt likes this.
  9. lammyR6

So it looks like the meeting point is 10am at the Fish Farm, leave at 11am.

I was going to bring the R6 but not ready to deal with gravel at Fish Farm so think tomorrow will be the Divi. Anyways, I may want to buy something at the bike show so will need the top box lol. I hope to be there before you leave. If not I may have to catch you up at the show.

BlackHornet likes this.
  10. lammyR6

Running a bit late. Hopefully will make it to FishFarm in time. Will be heading to Lily's after to meet someone else too.

BlackHornet likes this.
  11. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

Hope you had fun, and missed the huge Thunder Storm we had In Uckfield at 3 ish :(

12. lammyR6

To be honest, I should have gone to Brands for the Speedfest. The bike show was very disappointing and definitely not worth £12 had I paid it! Still, it was good to catch up with everyone briefly at the Fish Farm and in Headcorn. Doc took some of us on a fun mystery tour back to Rye, with some fab twisties, which left a big grin on my face so that made up for it. :D

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
    Russell and MaDProFF like this.
  13. BlackHornet

Much like Leila I was disappointed with the show and it wasn't worth £12 to get in. Such a shame as it could be good and the location is great.

Great ride afterwards which helped a lot and then I got totally soaked when the rain came. Vey localised but it came down on mass and started to flood already.

Still glad to be out on the bikes :D

Russell likes this.
  14. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

As above want with the entrance fee; where were the 100 trade stalls, bike jumble and best in show?

15. Tomasbe

Tomasbe Custom cruiser +

I can see a trend appearing re. all those 'bike jumbles'. Heavy on nostalgia and hype, fcuk all on stall (if you can find any) :nah:

Rosie likes this.
  16. Rosie

Rosie Sport Tourer +

Yep, I agree, the Scots half of me is in pain shelling out for it but does anyone know what went wrong? It is a great location and could be a lot better next year?

17. lisa lou

lisa lou Race Rep +

was really looking forward to this but thanks to the reports from Saturday we didn't go, I would have been more than disappointed had I have paid entrance fees for myself and lilun and it have been a poor show, not to mention Sunday's weather :rain: